Hey guys,
I am currently looking to buy a new guitar around the $600AU mark. I was thinking of getting a Fender Standard Squier Strat but I got told to keep away from that.
I found a Fender Standard Strat on ebay. Heres its details
Excellent condition. Blue. 2003. Professionally set up a month ago with low action and new strings. Comes with a brand new Onyx heavy duty gig bag worth $80. The guitar is in perfect condition apart from a small 3mm scatch on the back. It has hardly been played. Bank deposit preferred but will take Paypal. Specifications: Standard Stratocaster® Left Handed Body: Poplar Neck: Maple Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple, 9.5" Radius/241 mm Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Width @ Nut: 1.650" (42 mm) Machine Heads: Fender Standard Pickups: 3 Standard Strats Single Coils Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade Controls: Master Volume, Tone (Mid), Tone (Bridge) Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White Bridge: Vintage Style Tremolo.

I have an Ibanez RX 20 at the moment but really want a fender.
Any help would be great thanks
Uhm. Sounds like you have no clue as to what you're doing.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Well if a Fender is what you want then get one, try to use paypal if you can on ebay, at least with paypal you can contest the purchase if the guitar doesn't ship as described
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Go for an Ibanez RG, you can pick up really, really good models for the price range, for AU$600

I'm still in almost disbelief of how awesome my RGR421EXFM is and it was only AU$500.

If you really want a fender style strat tho go with the one off ebay or try to find one in your area you can buy in person and try out first.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Squiers suck!

How very articulate of you...
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by headbangerbuggy
Uhm. Sounds like you have no clue as to what you're doing.

Thanks for the helpful post.
If I knew what I was doing I wouldnt have posted asking for help would I?
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
that sounds like a good deal. how much is that in us dollars?

$324US mate.