I am installing a new set of humbuckers. The way my guitar is set out in the bathtup, the 2 9v batteries (18v mod) are placed between the two humbuckers, and the wiring of those to boot leave very little space.

I'm ready to throw my guitar through the window at this point. The only thing bothering me are these springs. I Seriously cannot get these springs to stay on the end of the screws. Every time I get one on, I go to put the other, the first comes off.

How the hell am I going to do this?

It's going to be near impossible, because I need to really shimmy the pickguard due to the crappy routing near the knobs (there is seriously very little room for the ground wires to sit, so I am forced to push them in by raising the guard, in which time, the springs come off. There is also no real room to put my fingers in to hold them there.

What am I going to do?
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
you're trying to get the springs on with the pickguard screwed on to the body ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
No. The pickguard isn't screwed in yet. What's happening is when I try to position the pickguard to slide it in place under the neck (stratocaster), the springs are falling off every time.

As for tape. I might try and tape the end of the spring with a touch of tape to the bottom of the pickup brace. I'll see where that gets me
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
use a little bit of blue tack or something to hold it on the screw, and once you hit wood (lol) just screw it in, and you'll be good.

Another way is to use little bits of rubber tubing cut to length. they may be a little easier.
------

Shwiggity.
A bit of duct tape has worked wonders.

Thanks for the help!
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Quote by Mootallica
No. The pickguard isn't screwed in yet. What's happening is when I try to position the pickguard to slide it in place under the neck (stratocaster), the springs are falling off every time.

i think i read that right, i'm kinda confused.

the springs go between the pickup cover and the pickguard, so why would they be falling off if the pickups are screwed in?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.