Hokay. I'm about to get a laptop for $850-ish. After selling my current PC for maybe $300 (hopefully) I'm looking to get a BOSS DD-7 and maybe a Fulltone OCD (if budget allows) Then I'll sell my Bad Monkey for $40 and my DD-3 for $80. From there, I have a few options...

1. Save my money/get a summer job to get a Budda Superdrive of some sort. I know a guy who's endorsed by them who can get me a discount, so this would be great. Then I'd sell my Valveking (hopefully for about $500-ish; shipping makes everything a squillion times more expensive) and get a Line 6 FM4 and an RMC Wizard Wah.

2. Save my money/get a summer job to get an ENGL Thunder, then sell my Valveking and get a Line 6 FM4 and an RMC Wizard wah. Seems to be great for my hard rock/thrash/shred needs, but so's the Budda. I like the Budda a touch better too. The ENGL might also be more expensive depending on how good a discount I get.

3. Save my money/get a summer job to get some other sort of amp, then sell my Valveking and get a Line 6 FM4 and an RMC Wizard wah.

4. Something else entirely.

I fool around with jazz sometimes, but mostly play from John Mayer type stuff (blues-rock, blues-pop) to modern rock (RHCP-ish) to classic rock (Hendrix, Floyd, Zep, AC/DC, GnR, Cream) to thrash (Metallica) and shred (Buckethead, Satch) and occasionally I fool around with stuff beyond that (Rammstein, Killswitch Engage) I know both of the amps I'm looking at can do all of these and more (possibly with some tweaking/ODing in the Budda's case)

Any suggestions, UG?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The pedals you have now are decent I'd save everything towards your new amp (whichever it may be) I've no experience with either so I'm no help there.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Hate to be a copycat....but I'm going to agree with Kevin....EXCEPT I have played the Budda Superdrive 30.....if I remember the model correctly, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I played and Ibanez Artcore through it and it had great cleans. As for OD I couldn't give you and honest opinion. I was playing a used one in Guitar Center and couldn't really crank it. I normally play my Mesa at 3 or 4 when I am home and 4 or 5 at practice....

But I really liked the Budda from what I have played it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
+4 ^
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by hcsn2008
You're going to sell your bad monkey for more than they cost?

Bad Monkeys are $50 new.

TS: I do have to agree that you should put all of your money toward the new amp. The Pedals you have now are actually pretty nice and will get the job done for you.
Bump. Want more opinions... still leaning towards the Budda at the moment.

I REALLY want the DD-7, too, though... the DD-3 just don't cut it anymore, cause I want to do some more experimental stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I'd MUCH rather have an EHX SMMwH over a DD-7. I personally find Boss DD's to be meh-ish.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Used MKIII.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
^In Jamaica? He wishes.

Finally, someone who understands that there's absolutely no used market in Jamaica for guitar gear whatsoever!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
dude, Budda Superdrives are some of my favorite amps. I played an 80 and that thing ripped! Great cleans and excellent drive. Can get fairly heavy by itself too. Definitely recommended!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.