My band and I are trying to come up with a few songs to cover but we can not settle on one.

First of all, there's me and my mate on the guitar, my bro on bass, my friend on vocals and bass as well and my bro's friend as the drummer.

Now, we are all into some metal (me being the biggest metalhead ) but our vocalist is not...

So I have been trying to find a compromise to this, I think we are gunna go for a heavier rock and maybe little punk sort of sound and maybe a little progressive.

So what would be good covers? I have found Delirium Trigger by Coheed and Cambria, if not that another one of their songs. If someone could suggest something similar with lower vocal range (and an awesome solo section if you can )

BTW: We have only just started out, haven't had a rehearsal, first band for most of us but we are all pretty capable of doing a difficult cover if needed.
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Last edited by Dimster Ds at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by Martindecorum
To solve this problem you play Karnivool - Themata Heavy yet at the same time your vocalist would love the melodies and voice control

Listening to it now, bloody awesome I'll suggest this to the rest of the guys
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
keep going with coheed as well. their vocals never try to get crazy or anything. or take the time by dream theater
You could try some pearl jam. They're not exactly metal but they're pretty awesome. Mike Mcready can play some badass solos and Eddie Vedder has a very deep voice a rock singer.

I would suggest you try evenflow or alive. Or maybe once.
Cathedral - Hypnos I64 and Autumn Twlight

They are Doom Metal but even heavy rockers and metalheads can agree on them.

Motorhead - Ace of spades
Coheed - The Suffering
Spiritual Beggars - killing time and Angel of betrayal (great songs btw)
Quote by Retro Rocker
2 bassists?
That isn't going to work out too well.

I thought I was the only one to notice
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Eagle of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard and I wanna be in LA
Black Tide - Shockwave
OPETH - Burden
Check the link at the bottom of my sig.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Like hardcore like Rise Against and the Rezillos? Maybe expirimental Fall of Troy? Um...hard rock, like 3 Days Grace and Linkin Park?
Acdc or like some metallica off the black album all pretty simple but great music and not super heavy just dobt do cohead or whatever they suck
\m/ metal up your ass
You should probably let the vocalist just be a vocalist... 2 bassists is gonna suck.

I would recomment some Symphony X (amazing clean vocals, sick solos) if you could get an amazing keys player and if you and your friend are up for it (hard-ass solos). Check out, Of Sins and Shadows, Sea of Lies, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, The Eyes of Medusa.

Other than them... Breaking Benjamin? They can't be too hard, seems to be easy vocals, you can add a solo and make it "your own" song, and people would definitely know them.

Dragonforce. Nuff said.

I had to...
you should definitely play some Protest the Hero then, great stuff but some difficult guitar tricks there. try "blindfolds aside". maybe some Tool. "sober" is pretty BA.
make the vocalist a frontman tho becuase two basses arent cutting it and he can get way into it and have great stage presence instead of being a robot.