As the title asks..
I've been looking for my first "good" guitar after a year and a half of playing my cheap Chinese guitar. The brand is called "Perfect"... try looking that up on google

I've been to my local guitar store a few times, and a guitar center, and played a bunch. I've found a few that were nice (takamine ean40c, parkwood pw320m, etc.), but none that felt special. Am I being too critical in my search and should just pick up a "nice" guitar or keep looking for the guitar?
Keep looking until you are completely satisfied.

But don't overthink it, if you pick up a guitar, start playing it, and if It feels/sounds right to YOU, not anybody else, than you've found your guitar.
yeah me and my buddy found the guitar in the soundproof room at gc. It was a vintage strat sounded amazing and was 4 grand i think. I'll probably just end up getting or making a custom guitar to my exact specifications with the highest quality materials.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Why do you want a merely "good" guitar when you have a PERFECT one already?
Nah, just just kiddin. But it isn't rocket science... if you pick up a guitar and it sounds/feels good and you find it noticeably easier and more comfortable to play... go for it.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Man, my perfect feeling guitar is a standard telecaster. I never wanted to try one claiming things like "they're gay" and "they're for country". I'm thinking of changing the bridge to a humbucker and putting in a fender wide range pup or maybe a seymour duncan.
It's tough when you are trying out a bunch of good guitars. For me, a lot has to do with the vibe from the instrument, aside from the actual physicality of the instrument.

if that makes any sense at all...
███████████████████████████████████
Just play. Sit down with a guitar and play the heck out of it...fast, slow, upbeat, grungy....everything you want. If it is right, you will know it. I know that sounds very zen, but it really will just sort of dawn on you.

My epiphany came when I picked up a Martin 000-15...and it was perfect....in everyway. The tone was exactly what I wanted (and it didn't look bad either :P)

I knew I just had to have it....so I saved up for ages and finally got it.
I don't play acoustic, but I know when I got my violin I went through quite a few til they brought her out, and I fell in love as soon as I played her. You'll know when its the right one.