OK im in a band called minor catastrophe,in san antonio texas, im going to battle of the bands, and i need to rent/get a new amp, cuz mine simply will not do. im gonna be in front of about 200-800 people for half an hour... i got a epiphone les paul, and a gibson 60's les paul custom with a locking nut, a bridge thats stopbar but gots a tremolo, and 3 humbuckers, also an Digitech RP2520. im thinkin about a marshall, but which model, and i dont have alot of cash so yea....
we need to bring our own stuff for this
i mean the type of amp would go on what kinda music your playing...im a mesa person myself...and it just depends on what you want to spend...eithe rway good luck on the battle of the bands!!! tear it up!!!
Proudly Endorsed By
Michael Kelly Guitars, Jagermeister, Ayer Clothing, Rocktron, GHS Strings, Saints Row Custom Cases, Coffin Cases, Ultimate Ears, Rebel Straps
Do you know any of the other bands? If any of them are nice guys you could use somebody else's amp.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
i play more like classic rock, led zeppelin, but also like slash and stuff you know? but theres gonna be some acoustic songs when we play, but also some heavy songs
Where? Like, what venue are you playing at in SA?
Last edited by 3BlindMyceZeke at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by jose1216
i play more like classic rock, led zeppelin, but also like slash and stuff you know? but theres gonna be some acoustic songs when we play, but also some heavy songs

Marshall!
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
i want a marshall but what kind? and to answer the other question the venue is called Jack's Patio, and its on April 19
Quote by jose1216
i want a marshall but what kind? and to answer the other question the venue is called Jack's Patio, and its on April 19

Aside from being in the wrong forum, it seems that the only reason you want a Marshall is because it says Marshall on it. It might help us if you actually explained what features you need in an amp before we make a recommendation.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Marshall MS2
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by fishstickrocker
You can't go wrong with mesa.

Sure you can, considering that Mesa makes a wide variety of amps with radically different sounds, making it impossible to generalize. Considering that he hasn't actually explained what he's looking for in an amp, I don't see how anyone can recommend anything.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by victoryaloy
Marshall MS2

victoryaloy you make me chuckle
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
seconding about the better response in the Guitar gear and accesories forum, as your question has in fact, veruy little to do with bandleading. Is the venue providing you with a P.A?, if so you could mic up.
well they are giving us mics and cords, but i dont know that much about what we gota have, which is pretty stupid, cuz im the lead guitarist and i think i should know most of this stuff. especially since i write like half the songs and i'm the person who is trying to make it work even more
Quote by jose1216
OK im in a band called minor catastrophe,in san antonio texas, im going to battle of the bands, and i need to rent/get a new amp, cuz mine simply will not do. im gonna be in front of about 200-800 people for half an hour... i got a epiphone les paul, and a gibson 60's les paul custom with a locking nut, a bridge thats stopbar but gots a tremolo, and 3 humbuckers, also an Digitech RP2520. im thinkin about a marshall, but which model, and i dont have alot of cash so yea....
we need to bring our own stuff for this

You would probably want to look in the Guitar Gear and Accessories thread. How much cash do you have and what kind of music do you play
Quote by jose1216
well they are giving us mics and cords, but i dont know that much about what we gota have, which is pretty stupid, cuz im the lead guitarist and i think i should know most of this stuff. especially since i write like half the songs and i'm the person who is trying to make it work even more

Do they have a PA? Just mic your current amp if they do and you like the sound of your current amp. To me, it sounds like your only concern is that you don't think it will be loud enough.
i dont like my amp it sucks theres not enough bass, and the tone is **** the only thing helping me is my les paul and my multi-effects pedal
Quote by jose1216
now i have an ibanez tone blaster its got 150 watts two 12in speakers , you think its good? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-TBX150R-Tone-Blaster-Xtreme-Guitar-Combo-Amp-480945-i1172858.gc

This amp will most likely sound like **** if you dont mic it. And it will not be loud enough to be played over 800 People. Higher wattage is not equal to higher volume. Ten times the wattage is only double the volume. That means that your amp is double as loud as an 15 watt amp.

Why don't you play your Digitech direct into the PA? many pro's do this, and it most of the time sounds pretty good.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by jose1216
im gonna drive it trough two cabs tho==]

That will not make a difference.
If you already bought that amp, return it. And tell us what your budget is.
i did put my digitech through the amp and then the p.a. it sounded prtty good, but thats iver with now, now im goin to a charter school, in san antonio which has a bad ass recording studio in it =] i win lol