I am in the market for a new amp and ive been looking at randalls and i was just wondering your opinion on these 2 amps.

an rg50tc

and a rg100g3

The amp will be used in a band situation hopefully and for home practice too.
As you may have predicted I play metal and shred so i need a good chunky rhythm sound and a sweet solo tone.
I like metalcore bands like august burns red, protest the hero and parkway drive but also melodeth like arch enemy, opeth, amon amarth, dark tranquility etc

I would also like a good rock and blusey sound
and a reasonable clean tone.

If you have any other suggestions be they new or used my budget is around 6-800aud.

thanks to anyone who can help
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Everyone will say to get a tube amp, but if you're only playing metal you can't really go wrong with those.

Hey, if it's good enough for Dimebag it's good enough for anyone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
They also have decent cleans, but not so much the rock/bluesy tone though. The cleans are more sterile jazz type cleans.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you like them, go for it. Its hard to get a good tube amp in Australia relativly cheaply.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.