Two that I am thinking about so far are the B-52 at100 head or the Peavey Valveking, at least 60 watts or so. (since thats what i can afford right now). so ya, i am going to be playing like screamo or post hardcore or whatever its called. but stuff like Alesana, The Devil Wears Prada, A Day to Remember, Chiodos, A Skylit Drive (along the lines of that). Around that $600 price range or less would be cool. Right now the guitar i have is an Ibanez rg2ex2 and a squier strat. and what would be a good 4x12 cab to go along with it? (something around $300.)
Why don't you add the $300 in your cab budget to your $600 head budget and get yourself a nice used combo for $900?"

Possibly a 5150/6505?
where would i find one? i always check craiglist and stuff but no luck.

and i dont have all the money yet, im kinda just throwing out around how much im going to spend. but that is a good idea.
Last edited by themexiflip at Mar 12, 2009,
Keep checking Craigslist or ebay. Possibly keep an eye on your local newspapers classified ads.

I'm not one of those people who goes around telling everyone "YOU DONT NEED A HALFSTACK!!" because I own a full stack and a halfstack myself - but with your budget you will be able to get a better quality amp if you go with a used combo rather than getting a half stack.
Probably should be able to find a used 5150/6505 combo for $500-600. Have you checked ebay? Can always add a 4x12 cab later on if you feel you need it. Or save up a little longer and get a 6505/5150 head + a 4x12 cab at the same time.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs