I currently Have an epiphone g-400 but i don't really like the sound it gives off. Im using a 15 watt epiphone amp. I really do not have any equipment but im saving my money from work to get better equipment. Can someone tell me the road I have to take in order to get my guitar to sound like Brian Molko from Placebo, I know he uses alot of Gibson SGs. I really like bands such as Death cab, Radiohead, Interpol, Placebo, Muse, and The Mars Volta and would like my guitar to sound somewhat similar to those styles. Especiall Radiohead Jonny Greenwood and Thom York <3
it's not your guitar that's giving off the sound you don't like it's that amp.

what kind of price range will you be looking at for new gear ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i was thinking about spending around 300 American dollars for a new amp. But I want something i can play in shows with.
Get a Peavey Vypyr 75 75W, it cost $300 and you do not need effects because it (from musicians friends.com)
"Featuring 24 amp channel models-both the clean and distorted channels of 12 popular amps for the first time anywhere-plus 11 editable preamp "stomp box" effects and 11 editable post-amp "rack" effects with dual-parameter control. Players can use up to five effects simultaneously. When used with the optional Peavey Sanpera foot controller, the possibilities further expand from 12 in-amp presets to 400 programmable presets, with an on-board looper and more."

so this is a must
Quote by rebel624
A bad amp will make the best guitar in the world sound weak.

^hes right

a guitar is only as good as the amp you plug it into
you are what you is