...by buying two new pedals and going all out for a new amp that (fingers crossed) I should get.

Anyway, this is my planned rig. Tell me what you guys thing of it.

Guitars:
Nameless Strat copy
Schecter Tempest

Amp:
Fender Pro 185

Pedals:
Modded EHX Big Muff
Modded Boss HM-2
Danelectro French Toast
Guyatone MC3 chorus
Marshall VT-1 Vibratrem
Ibanez CF-7 flanger
Belcat delay

What do you guys think of this rig?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Strat copies are 99.99% of the time pieces of crap, so imo, get a second backup guitar, but apart from that it'll sound tiiight.
You're gonna want a good EQ as well, and maybe a phaser? MXR Phase 90 or 100, or maybe a EHX Small Stone?

Not familiar with the amp, so I wouldn't know if it's good or bad.

Also, way to cheap out on the octave/fuzz (GET AN MXR BLUE BOX! )

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
You're gonna want a good EQ as well, and maybe a phaser? MXR Phase 90 or 100, or maybe a EHX Small Stone?

Not familiar with the amp, so I wouldn't know if it's good or bad.

Also, way to cheap out on the octave/fuzz (GET AN MXR BLUE BOX! )

Don't care much about EQ, as far as I'm concerned the amp's is enough. Phasers also aren't really my thing - too 80s metal.

The amp is an 80s Fender red knob SS. 160w, stays clean forever and has quite nice drive also.

I'm also a fan of cheap pedals, particularly when it comes to fuzz. Plus the French Toast is brilliant- I played it side by side with an MXR Blue Box and a Fulltone Octafuzz and I actually liked the Dano more than the MXR. The Fulltone was nicer, but also more expensive.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by UltimateDud
Strat copies are 99.99% of the time pieces of crap, so imo, get a second backup guitar, but apart from that it'll sound tiiight.

The Strat copy is my cousins guitar, I'm just borrowing it.

Once I get my amp and a job a new guitar will be the first port of call.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Don't care much about EQ, as far as I'm concerned the amp's is enough.

*shrug* I'd ALWAYS recommend a good EQ - they're very useful.

Also: There is NO cure for GAS, just methods to ward it off temporarily
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 12, 2009,
Like I said. Temproary. If I ever felt the need for an EQ, I'd get one but I don't really see the point anyway, as my EQ is simple - crank treble and mids, cut bass.
Quote by Cathbard