Narrowed it down to these to. The DC-5 is retolexed in burgundy, new tad tubes, new caps replaced, ldr's replaced. it's good for a long time. It's 700 shipped and i think im gonna go with it.

The .50 cal+.. is 580 shipped. relatively new jj tubes, your run of the mill .50 cal+.

Tonally, how are these two different? I like alot of tight metal stuff, but good cleans too.

It's a hard choice. I was gonna get an f50 but theyre a little harder to find and cost more.

Btw, pics of the retolexing.. its so pretty oh and the handle was replaced

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

dc-5 ftw! that thing looks sweet
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Now that is one sexy amp! BUY it! lol

Tonally, the DC should be similar to the F-series, but probably minus the Recto influence that the F-series has (so it'll probably be more voiced like a Mk series amp, whereas the F-series is kinda like a Mark meets a Recto).

Note that I've never actually played a DC-5, but I own an F-50 head and 2x12 cab. But I gotta say, would not mind having a graphic EQ at all.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
The DC-5. They have a loud, but very nice clean channel. You'll hear a mixed Mark and earlier Recto sound out of the amp. It's hard to describe, but you'll hear what I mean if you buy/try one. I've said it in another thread recently, the DC amps are very underrated.
for the extra $120 i think you'll really appreciate having the 2 separate controls for each channel
Having owned both, the .50 is voiced a lot darker than the DC-5, also you don't get individual EQ for each channel with the .50

I say go for the DC-5
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
PURPLE PRS Custom 24
PURPLE PRS Custom 22
MXR Carbon Copy
Mesa/Boogie DC-5 and two matching half-back 2x12s

I'd like to meet satan, I bet he's a nice guy.