Hello everyone,

I am getting a new amp within the next 2-3 months and I have narrowed it down between 2 heads. The Peavey Valveking Head and a Bugera 6260. I will be putting them threw a 412 cab, if it’s a VK then a Hartke GH412, and if it’s a bugera it will be the suggested bugera cab.
My styles: Wylde. Buckethead, Mustaine and Dime but overall I would prefer a versatile amp

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special ll with a Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup. And have been playing for nearly 4 years now. I am in an active (gigging occasionally) band, but want a good amp for the next 3-4 years. After this time I will probably get a ‘great’ half stack like a 6505 or a DSL100.

Do any of you use either of these amps, if so, what do you think I should get??

I have tried and like the VK but there are no Bugera Dealers within 50 miles

PS: no biased VK haters, I know this site has a few of them :L

Thanks for reading!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
Hello everyone,

I am getting a new amp within the next 2-3 months and I have narrowed it down between 2 heads. The Peavey Valveking Head and a Bugera 6260. I will be putting them threw a 412 cab, if it’s a VK then a Hartke GH412, and if it’s a bugera it will be the suggested bugera cab.
My styles: Wylde. Buckethead, Mustaine and Dime but overall I would prefer a versatile amp

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special ll with a Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup. And have been playing for nearly 4 years now. I am in an active (gigging occasionally) band, but want a good amp for the next 3-4 years. After this time I will probably get a ‘great’ half stack like a 6505 or a DSL100.

Do any of you use either of these amps, if so, what do you think I should get??

I have tried and like the VK but there are no Bugera Dealers within 50 miles

PS: no biased VK haters, I know this site has a few of them :L

Thanks for reading!

I'm sure the bugera would probably suit your tastes (not mine, a little to cold sounding for me), not sure about the VK though. I have nothing against it (I was thinking about purchasing one myself at one time), it's simply that that's not in the same category as the bugera, it's meant to be more of a straight classic rocker. The cool thing about those amps, however, is that there are a ton of places out there who do wonderful mods to them that will make them sound as good as, if not better than a 6505 (not much on them either, over rated IMO) or DSL100 (not a bad amp, but lacks that 'special something'). But long story short, it comes down to what you want and what sounds good to you.
I'd say for what you play, the Bugera would be better suited. That said, I think you should also consider a B-52 AT 100 head. I personally like that sound better than the Bugera. To each his own though, just give it a listen.
WTLTL 2011
For the price of modding a VK to get the tones you want you can simply get a better amp. Get the Bugera or see if you can spring for something like a 6505, which the Bugera is a copy of.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'd go for the bugera. Just be sure to read up on what can go wrong with them. I think as long as you have a tech give it a once-over you shouldn't have any problems with it. I want a 6262 myself