pretty simple. give me some pros and cons on both of these.
im leaning toward the standard as opposed to the custom.
but im really unsure.

standard

custom

sorry about the long links
cheers
Last edited by guitartom at Mar 12, 2009,
The custom, don't bother with sig ranges, over priced most of the time, plus the custom is just plain better.

sorry, my bad, thats not a sig range, still go custom however.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Mar 12, 2009,
yeah, its not a sig, and its been upgraded with the pickups, but the originals are still included. and also there have been push pull pots installed on the standard for coil splitting. but the custom is a bit more vintage and all that haha.
im torn!
Hmm now that you mention the coil taps I would go with the standard, adds a whole other dimension of ability having a single sound aswell as humbucker. Thats assuming theyr connected and not just installed lol.

'Tis a close one for sure however, you shuld do some serious thinking on it.

PS( personally I think the standard looks nicer but the custom would play better, saying that tho theyd both still play godly)
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Mar 12, 2009,
if you're not worried about the price difference i'd go the standard personally. Especially with those seymours, assuming you like your guitar nice and hot. I'd much rather play it in person before I decided, just because it says it's well set up, doesn't mean it is, or that it'll last.
id usually say custom but that standard actually looks better than the custom and wit the coil split and seymours that throws a whole other dimension into it.

500 more might be a big difference for you tho. i dunno.
A Gibson Les Paul Axcess
Gibson Les Paul Custom
1959 Gibson Les Paul standard.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
They are pretty much the same except for the trim, tuners and inlays most Customs and Standards play and sound so close to each other it's all a matter of preference and price. At least the owner of the Standard was smart enough to keep the old pups and elec I hate when people upgrade a LP and don't have the old parts an all original Gibson LP is always worth more than one customized IMHO. The price range would be what I would go by myself so I would buy the Custom over the Standard.

John
i deffinetly like the looks of that standard more

the customs have imo way too much trim, it looks overdone and tacky

however i like the headstock better

but yeah id go for the standard myself
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I like the standard more myself! The fretboard inlays on the custom are a little overdone IMO & I like the wood showing everywhere vs solid colour on the tops. I also like the smaller crown inlay on the headstock vs the larger custom version. Having said that, most of the differences are cosmetic and I'm sure you'd enjoy either if you're an LP fan.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Mar 15, 2009,