Hello fellow UGers... i have the option of getting one of these 4 processors:

Behringer VAMP 2
ZOOM G1x
ZOOM G2
DIGITECH RP90

I need advice as to which i should get as all lie within the same price range and according to your experiences which is the best?

Thanks
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
Get an amp instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have only used the digitech. I had one of those for awhile and I really like it. Easy to program and easy to use. I upgraded to the RP250 a little later and was really happy with it. I them bought one of the line 6 floor pod and it sucked. so I sold and bought the digitech gn3 and this is probably all I will ever use again. I would buy the Digitech if I were you it is very user friendly and sounds awesome.
The V-Amp2 is a greater little box that allows for lots of different tones. You are, however, limited by effects if you dont have a midi cable. Basically you only get 16 presets of effects and able to change a few parameters. With a midi cable you can shoose what ever modulation, delay, and reverb you want. If you get a midi cable it is FANTASTIC.

Currently, I use the RP500 which is a few steps up from the RP90. I am extremly impressed with the RP series sounds. Here though you are limited with the number effects/ models. But in the end probably more then what the average person needs. I think the big plus is the fact you get the foot pedals and the wah. The V-amp only has the foot pedals.

I have not had much time with the Zooms. My budy has a g2 for bass and it has some pretty cool, out there sounds. Thats all I can say about that.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by fnkycandle
I have only used the digitech. I had one of those for awhile and I really like it. Easy to program and easy to use. I upgraded to the RP250 a little later and was really happy with it. I them bought one of the line 6 floor pod and it sucked. so I sold and bought the digitech gn3 and this is probably all I will ever use again. I would buy the Digitech if I were you it is very user friendly and sounds awesome.

I agree if you can save up just alittle more money deff go with the RP250 over the rp90. It is fantastic
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
and by the way I found my Gnx3 on Ebay for 120.00 with shipping included so it actually turned out cheaper then the Rp250. The rp250 is about 150.00 new though. so you could probably find one alot cheaper online or ebay.
Actually guys i got an amp now.. had to update the signature. Its an old Yamaha one with a good nuff speaker but not good enough standalone without a processor i think.

So its between the RP90 and V-amp 2.

Vamp has 32 amp models whereas the rp90 has 12 but it has an expression pedals. And i can't save till the the 250 guys.

Teknotard... i did not get your point about the MIDI cable. Its easily available but i want to hook my guitar to vamp to amp. Where does the midi cable come into this sequence? Thanks
Last edited by sK_yoda at Mar 12, 2009,
No, do NOT use any Digitech multi-effect processrs. You will regret it and sell it, I promise you. I've had enough bad experiences with them to know. I personally think Zoom make the best "low-price (50-70$) processors. I've never used the V-amp before, but it can't be worse than Digitech.
I couldn't disagree with you more toyboxmonster. I've had a Digitech RP300A, GNX3, GNX3000, and currently have a GNX4. Never had any problems with them. The 8 Track recorder on the GNX4 distinguishes it from all the other multifx. I found it invaluable as a practice tool.
Quote by fly135
I couldn't disagree with you more toyboxmonster. I've had a Digitech RP300A, GNX3, GNX3000, and currently have a GNX4. Never had any problems with them. The 8 Track recorder on the GNX4 distinguishes it from all the other multifx. I found it invaluable as a practice tool.

Dude those are the expensive ones. The ones i am going for are in the $100 category. I plan to use them through my amps speaker.

So guys more advice would be appreciated.
Quote by sK_yoda
Actually guys i got an amp now.. had to update the signature. Its an old Yamaha one with a good nuff speaker but not good enough standalone without a processor i think.

If it's not good enough to process the sound of your guitar and amp then it won't be good enough with a processor.

Further to that, although this is just my opinion, putting any of these processors through any decent amp just makes it sound as though you've put a pillow in front of the speaker.
The amp's speaker will be used. I have already tried this once by using a Microcube through my amps speaker and it sounded quite good. Now would it sound good with the processors? I have experienced the Vamp 2 of a friend myself and it sounds quite good but i want to know which would be the better one.

I have guitar rig and amplitube softwares on my pc aswell.
I'm not sure why you keep referring to your amp's speaker. A multifx will not drive a speaker.
I mean... i will be using it through the amps effect loop. It works. Meaning that the amp's settings will be bypassed and only the processor will be used and the output device is the speaker.
Ok guys i now also have the option for the Zoom G2.

So G2, Vamp2 and rp90.

Which one?
Quote by fly135

I'm talking about the RP series. The GNX's are no worse than any other multi-effects processor that is essentially a stompbox modeller.
The RP series sounds thin and digital, but my real beef is that ******* cut in your signal whenever you change presets. Even the cheapest Zoom pedals don't have that. That's just a terrible lack of judgment on Digitech's part.