Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm about to buy my friend's Ibanez TBX150H, and I was wondering if I could just use it with the 75 Watt speaker that I have now (take it out of my Line6 combo) and upgrade the speaker later.
Not a good idea.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Alright another question. To match the wattages, should I buy 150 speakers, or two 75's and connect them up.
Buy a 150w 2x12. Make sure the impedance matches up with the head first.
Guitars
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps

Effects
Boss NS-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Okay I think what I might do is just buy the cabinet that matches the amp. Thanks for the help.

Just one more question: Does anyone know if this amp is good? I've heard it and it sounds good, and the reviews are good, but I don't want to make another amp mistake. I already bought a Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III, so I'm kinda sketchy when it comes to SS now.
Don't be sceptical of solid state, be sceptical of CHEAP solid state.
And sorry, I know little about this amp but someone on this forum has got to have one.
Guitars
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps

Effects
Boss NS-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Speakers with higher combined wattage than the amp = good, lower combined than the amp = blown speakers. And the ohms are very important with tube amps they often will have multiple taps for different ohms. SS are usually set up for 4 or 8 ohms, higher ohms cuts volume, lower ohms tends to screw em up. And unfortunately TS you have not improved your tone any with your latest choice. The toneblasters are not any better than MGs and spiders. 249$ doesnt buy much when it comes to a 100 watt head unit. If you want a 100w head unit you need to come up with alot more cash or look at smaller amps.
2 of my friends have toneblaster half stacks... the overdrive sucks and the clean is nuetral and stale try finding a better amp or alot of pedal :P.

p.s they hate them.
Quote by NearDissent
Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm about to buy my friend's Ibanez TBX150H, and I was wondering if I could just use it with the 75 Watt speaker that I have now (take it out of my Line6 combo) and upgrade the speaker later.

If the speaker impedance matches the amp head you can use it and it will technically work. That amp delivers 150 watts @ 4 ohm, and since the speaker is coming out of an SS amp it's probably 4 ohms also. But you definitely want to test the speaker with a multimeter to be sure. Also in this scenario the amp is delivering twice the wattage the speaker is rated for so the speaker will blow if you turn it up very much.

If the speaker ends up being 8 ohms it has twice the resistance of the amp's output and the amp will deliver 75 watts making it a "perfect match" for the amp head. That being said the stock speakers in Spider amps are not very good. I think you can make this work but it's not a good permanent solution and you probably don't need to crank it any.