I've been checkin out the ibanez JS20 and 1200 lately. People have suggested me an ibanez guitar because I like to play metal genres, and I do a lot of shreddy lead type things. I hate the shapes of alot of the ibanez guitars however. They may be good guitars but the aesthetics are important to me aswell. The JS series however is more rounded at the outside of the body. Im not sure about the js20, but the js1200 looks like it comes with great stock pickups.
I just want to get a guitar that comes with a very good set of pickups for heavy playing and a very good bridge with a whammy bar such as floyd rose or any other good bridge. I dont want to have to deal with swapping pickups, ect, anymore.
The other guits. ive been lookin at are the jackson dinkys. I like the model with the 2 two single coils and one humbucker. Opinions?
Do any of those models have an edge III bridge? If so,avoid them and go for an S series if you want an Ibanez with a rounded body and a good bridge.I say this because I remember Ibanez released a couple cheap JS models that come with an edge III,and the edge III is notoriously shoddy.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

got jackson, 2 s/c and 1 humbucker

do not buy

ibanez ftw
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
For about 700 bucks maybe less if i go used, i can get the jackson dkmg series. They have emg 81, 85 (i've never used emgs before, but several of the bands i listen to use them). Says it has a floyd bridge, not sure which design. I like how it looks as well. I just gotta test it. Wish it had a maple neck. What kind of reviews does this guitar have?
Ever thought about a music man Luke?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by death_metaller
got jackson, 2 s/c and 1 humbucker

do not buy

ibanez ftw

Got ibanez, 2s/c and 1 humbucker

do not buy

Jackson ftw
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by bobdohl
jackson blows

Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Not sure if I could afford a music man luke. Looks like an interesting guitar altho im not a fan of how the headstock is set up.
Quote by LP_CL
Got ibanez, 2s/c and 1 humbucker

do not buy

Jackson ftw

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

what's you budget?
also Jackson soloist, don't know if it would be out of you price range though?
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by Pr0gNut

exactly my point
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Ooh, for that kind of money you can easily get a Carvin, Jackson USA soloist, Music Man's, Ibanezes... Whatever you like.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by SanJose
Jackson > Ibanez

Prognut? Ready to facepalm?

Sanjose: thats a personal taste, and I surely agree with you. The only think you do wrong is putting this as a truth. For you, this might be true, for others, this might be wrong.
*edit* Damn, i'm really spamming the forums atm
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The JS1000 and 1200 models are very good guitars. The EBMM Luke wouldn't be hugely more expensive than a JS1200.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If i'm not mistaking, the Luke is a tiny tad cheaper (and lots better imo, certainly regarding used materials) than the JS1200.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Prognut? Ready to facepalm?

I may have one in me LP, just give me a sec here

................RAWRRR!!

*Shazam*

Indeed,opinions are just opinions,and unless backed up with a thought out or valid statement and reasoning they mean next to nothing.TS,if you like Ibanez there's a high end prestige S series for the price you mentioned,or the high end JS model for a bit more.Jackson is another good metal/shred brand to look into.I own one and I find the neck and string spacing to be very comfortable and the bridge can handle some abuse,even though it's a licensed FR.You have a lot of options with that budget,be sure to look around at various brands and do some research.

Quote by Pr0gNut

I own one and I find the neck and string spacing to be very comfortable and the bridge can handle some abuse,even though it's a licensed FR.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the higher end pro series (RR24, RR24M, RR5FR and SL3) come with OFR's.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the higher end pro series (RR24, RR24M, RR5FR and SL3) come with OFR's.

The high end pro series might,but the one I use (a DK2S model) has a licensed floyd bridge.It's actually one of the best stock LFR bridges I've ever used,and puts the LFR's that ESP and other brands make to shame IMO.

Quote by bobdohl
jackson blows

Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by LP_CL

i think they come with those new made in Korea Floyds...

but +1 on the musicman.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?