Coming from an Acting background i have some friends who have studied and are pursuing the 'Contemporary' side to performing.

I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on it? Have you seen any shows?

I reember seeing a show where a woman had carried a chair around for a year then on her performance night...smashed the chair to pieces for the duration of the show.
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
"Where did you get your rainbow coat Joseph?"
"I COULD tell you... But I'd rather show you. Through interpretive dance!"

*funk plays*

That's all I have.
Quote by Jaymz2K
"Where did you get your rainbow coat Joseph?"
"I COULD tell you... But I'd rather show you. Through interpretive dance!"

*funk plays*

That's all I have.

Haha nice. I am reading about this guy just now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehching_Hsieh he does one year performances. Its insane
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
I once saw a one woman show where the woman spent the whole hour and a half playing everyone in her life but herself.

It was supposed to be some kind of ironic deal where the show was all about her, but she never said her name or any other details, just those of everyone else in her life (whom she also was).

So we left the theater not knowing anything about the woman, but everything about her life. I was head-****ed about it for days.

Obviously there were no programs that had credits on them, thus we did not ever know her name, the only thing we went for was we liked the production company. Until we got mailed out letters from her (everyone who attended the show was asked to provide a mailing address) that read "My name is Mary-Ann".

Very odd.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
i know very little about contemporary, but i do enjoy theatre of the absurd.
sig under construction.