Call me when theres a production model instead of an overpriced collectors model
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
All I could think of during the whole video was...wow he has horrible tone. It's a shame, I liked his old tone...think it was his laney days. He's still my 'hero' though .
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by Snapple
Call me when theres a production model instead of an overpriced collectors model

+1
I would LOVE to have a fireman.
Best shape I've seen in AGES!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Snapple

Agreed. I love Ibanez...but I think this is ridiculous.
gotta love Paul Gilbert

that guitar is also very awesome

HOLY SHIT

i now love him even more for playing a part of Cygnus X-1 at 5:30
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by the_wayward_one
All I could think of during the whole video was...wow he has horrible tone. It's a shame, I liked his old tone...think it was his laney days. He's still my 'hero' though .

OMG Are you for real.....

Don't get me wrong, I loved the tone he got in his laney days, it was awesome, but I love the new tone. It's got a more classic sound to it. I loved it when he did the Hey Joe riff on the vid, sounded awesome (that Fender twang), but could then throw to a shreddy riff by flicking the pup position. Since playing with Satch he has been refining his tone, I just think its a maturity of his sound - love it.
Hmmm....
Sounds great, even though I'm not a fan of single coils in the bridge, to much twang for me. I love the shape, but cannot stand the pickguard.
If they would make a production model without the pickguard, and with at least a bridge humbucker, but preferably an HH setup, I'd be very tempted to buy.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Hmmm....
Sounds great, even though I'm not a fan of single coils in the bridge, to much twang for me. I love the shape, but cannot stand the pickguard.
If they would make a production model without the pickguard, and with at least a bridge humbucker, but preferably an HH setup, I'd be very tempted to buy.

Dude, check out FRM2, no pick guard, with two humbuckers. Still expensive as all f%$* though!
Dude, check out FRM2, no pick guard, with two humbuckers. Still expensive as all f%$* though!
Quote by AussiePGFan

They need to make a production model NOW, as that guitar makes me stiff in my "not- so-public areas"
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
They need to make a production model NOW, as that guitar makes me stiff in my "not- so-public areas"

Im with you man, production edition needs to come out NOW!!!!!!!!! I need one.....
^^^I would prefer a different color other than that, too, but you know what, I won't bitch at all about color if I get a production model.
Hell, the damn thing could have a picture of one of my family members giving oral sex to Oprah and I would still get the damn thing....

....I think.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by AussiePGFan
OMG Are you for real.....

Don't get me wrong, I loved the tone he got in his laney days, it was awesome, but I love the new tone. It's got a more classic sound to it. I loved it when he did the Hey Joe riff on the vid, sounded awesome (that Fender twang), but could then throw to a shreddy riff by flicking the pup position. Since playing with Satch he has been refining his tone, I just think its a maturity of his sound - love it.

I guess its all down to preference. For me it's too fizzy, I'm a pretty big classic rock Marshall tone fan but i guess the vintage modern isn't exactly 'my cup of tea'
Paul Gilbert is such a character. I love him.

Go to 5:40 and watch from there if you don't know what I mean.
Quote by AussiePGFan

Only five were made; I checked a few of Ibanez' Japanese dealers and the only one I found that listed the FRM2 had already sold it (along with their FRM1 and PGM100RE)...

These guys have one for 714000 Yen: http://www.umenaka.com/
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by the_wayward_one
I guess its all down to preference. For me it's too fizzy, I'm a pretty big classic rock Marshall tone fan but i guess the vintage modern isn't exactly 'my cup of tea'

Hey, at the end of the day, it's all horses for courses...... At least you know you don't need to try out the vintage modern in your local guitar store, cause if Gilberto can't make it sound good for you, there's bugger all chance we mere mortals will be able to do it!

Bonsaischaap, that's a real pain they only made 5 of the FRM2, it looks to me to be the pick of the bunch. Said once and I will say it again, they need to do a production run of this guitar, it would truly rock!
There'll never be a production model that's the same, because of the korina wood that the body consists of they need to be made in a seperate special factory because it's poisonous if you inhale dust from it. It's perfectly safe with a coating on it, so when the guitar's done but when they manufacture them it takes special care to do. Thus the high price.

Plus it's hell novelty and gimmick, although good gimmick, which always comes with price rises because "F*** you lowly little mortal guitar buyers you, that's why".

Ofcourse they will definitely make one outa mahogany I predict and that'll be freakn sweeeet.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
The beginning: Can Paul Gilbert shoop?

2:42 Spinal Tap!

The neck looks amazing, but i don't know if Paul realizes that there is no one on earth that will buy a 9.3k guitar
Quote by MRavioli
The beginning: Can Paul Gilbert shoop?

The neck looks amazing, but i don't know if Paul realizes that there is no one on earth that will buy a 9.3k guitar

Gilbert loves photoshop; he has a big page on his website dedicated to his photoshop creations.

As for the Fireman's price: they seem to be selling well. I've only found one Japanese store which had one of the 5 FRM2s in stock. Also, the street price is a few thousand lower than 9333. Besides, the price and production numbers of these guitars are most likely set by Ibanez, not by Paul.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 15, 2009,
Will be having a custom one of these made by Jaden rose
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant

Kickass

A friend of mine is pretty confident he's going to order the FRM1 so I'll probably be able to play a real one
They have all sold out on Japan so I'd be quick
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
They have all sold out on Japan so I'd be quick

He knows enough people at Ibanez to find one, also he works in a music store
Quote by sharpant

Awesome!!
Ugly guitar and an even uglier price tag, well done PG you created a guitar that no one can afford
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Oh sigh at your ignorance

Paul Gilbert doesn't put the price tag on the guitar, or decide if it becomes a production model or not.

I'll be putting a deposit down on this soon and hope to have a custom made by around September with exactly the same specs

Korina

22 frets

3/4 22 Scale

Dimarzio Area 67's

Fat neck dimensions

Will cost me around £1200/1300
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Mar 16, 2009,
Yes, cant imagine PG having a lot of say. And anyway, he has his other signature guitar as a production model.

All I wanted to say is if they make something for maybe $2000 or so I could maybe do that, but as it is only collectors really get a chance. I would think there would be enough demand for a production model, at least comparing it to some of the other signature models.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
same :P
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Sick, I like the pickguard and overall looks. I think I would prefer H-S-H or H-S-S though.

I still really love the 301 though.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪