So I have a Hot rod deluxe, and it's great..really fits with the kind of music i like to play.
However, I've read some comments about running the effects through the effects loop or the input, and i was wondering..what's the difference? Do some pedals work better when pluged in guitar-->pedal-->input or preamp out-->pedal-->power amp in?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

yes, most effects pedals are designed/work better before the preamp. The exceptions are some modulation (chorus, phase, flange) or most time based effects (reverb and delay). Experiment with your amp to see what works.

Another thing to watch for is loss of signal or volume in an effects loop without a boost control (like the Fender). Just play around to find what fits!
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
In my experience, I run everything in front of the HRD, not in the loop...mainly because I never use the drive channels on the HRD. If you do use the drive channels, the rule of thumb is to put your modulation effects in your loop, after the preamp drive stage, so you modulating the tone, not distorting the modulation. Make sense?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
So, I have a TS and a wah..the rule of thumb would be using the od through the input and the Wah through the effects loop?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I'd run both of those pre-amp, myself. It's stuff like phase, delay, flange, chorus that I'd run in the loops.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok, thanks a lot!
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness

That, and some pedals can be tone suckers.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦