Page 1 of 3
So, pit, I've been doing some thinking the past few days. I dated the same guy for two years and I thought he was "the one," but then we broke up the day after our anniversary last week, meaning that he probably wasn't "the one" for me.

So, I was wondering, what're your thoughts on "the one?" Do you guys think there is one person for everyone (i.e. a soulmate) and that if you let them slip away, you're screwed, or do you think that life turns out the way it was meant to turn out, and someday you'll find that one person that you were meant to be with?

(I used the search bar and came up with nothing, but if this has already been done, let me know and I'll get rid of it. )
I think there's most definitely more than one person in the world you could spend your entire life with. But as soon as you do happen to meet such a person, you'll never leave (you wouldn't want to), leaving no chance for those other persons to get into your life...

So basically, you'll refer to that person as "the one" for you, even though there's more than one possible person that could have been "the one" for you.

I hope you'll find him
Quote by god of lamb
IM THE ONE!!...i came rushing as soon as i saw your username
Look at the user title.

You've been fooled YOU FOOL!
I think there's most definitely more than one person in the world you could spend your entire life with. solution: polyandry/gamy
Quote by ZeGuitarist
I think there's most definitely more than one person in the world you could spend your entire life with. solution: polyandry/gamy

In that case, do you think that someday everyone will find "the four" for them?
Quote by ZeGuitarist

Also, I don't think this thread is called "The Ones".
Quote by ZeGuitarist
I think there's most definitely more than one person in the world you could spend your entire life with. But as soon as you do happen to meet such a person, you'll never leave (you wouldn't want to), leaving no chance for those other persons to get into your life...

So basically, you'll refer to that person as "the one" for you, even though there's more than one possible person that could have been "the one" for you.

I hope you'll find him

This.

Quote by rigiddigits
This is what you get when you stray outside the Relationship Thread

The what in the what now?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I would say not.

I agree with Zeguitarist about that stuff about that there's many people you can live with for the rest of your life.
DeVillains!
Its all in perspective. When I broke up with my ex of five years I didn't think much of it. Just planned on moving on. I figured there are plenty of fish in the sea. Then after a few months I got fixated on her and couldn't imagine myself with anyone other than her. There is only one if you make it that way.
Quote by rigiddigits
This is what you get when you stray outside the Relationship Thread

I don't really think this is relationship thread material as I'm not really asking for advice, nor do I need help with a relationship (seeing as I'm not currently in one :p I just wondered the pits opinion on the topic of "the one". And I don't mind the dumb comments and the profile views, it's my fault for my username choice!
well if i break up with my gf, i am definately screwed..
cuz she;s the only one who finds me goodlooking =)
and nobody can love me as much as she does..
and and and she's the one for me..
Quote by rorywal
fact: she's the one if she gargles your balls

win.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
The only girl for me:

Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by mr freezy

What the hell man, what the hell!

Not cool!

hehe. and thats why the call me: "the-guy-who-posts-mildly-relevant-tim-minchin-songs-as-answers-faster-than-Mr.Freezy-does
Quote by Rupert1616
hehe. and thats why the call me: "the-guy-who-posts-mildly-relevant-tim-minchin-songs-as-answers-faster-than-Mr.Freezy-does

I thought I was being funny and original.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
It's just like in sport... no matter how good you are there will always be someone better... unless you're chuck norris.

So with a relationship, there will always be someone who is even better than you're current partner, but you don't need that other person unless *loses train of thought*

.....Just listen to ZeGuitarist.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
It's just like in sport... no matter how good you are there will always be someone better... unless you're chuck norris.

So with a relationship, there will always be someone who is even better than you're current partner, but you don't need that other person unless *loses train of thought*

.....Just listen to ZeGuitarist.

I haven't seen this much sucking up since I was with saadia's mom.

Baited.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ZeGuitarist
^ That's pretty siggable.

Your mum is siggable.

EDIT: So is yours Kensai

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I think, that "The One" probably happens so many times in someone's life that it's not worth worrying too much about.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i've been with my girl for 2 and a half years now, and we still dont know if were made for each other. you just gotta try it out, and whatever happens, happens.

and why in the **** is the pit having a huge random swarm of relationship stuff being posted. like wtf?, ive never seen this bizarre phenomenon.
Quote by metalblaster
i've been with my girl for 2 and a half years now, and we still dont know if were made for each other. you just gotta try it out, and whatever happens, happens.

and why in the **** is the pit having a huge random swarm of relationship stuff being posted. like wtf?, ive never seen this bizarre phenomenon.

If I'd seen the swarm I would not have posted, I is not a troll... But I'm dissapointed, because the pit is swarmed with relationship problems but the RT is dead... No one needs help so apparently all I can do is be bored today... *sigh*
Quote by hawttieblonde69
If I'd seen the swarm I would not have posted, I is not a troll... But I'm dissapointed, because the pit is swarmed with relationship problems but the RT is dead... No one needs help so apparently all I can do is be bored today... *sigh*

From one RT'er to another... there is much more then just that thread

Play the playstation woman!

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
From one RT'er to another... there is much more then just that thread

Play the playstation woman!

I am poor and lack a playstation, or any other gaming console. And I'd play guitar but I'm getting frustrated with it today.
Quote by hawttieblonde69
I am poor and lack a playstation, or any other gaming console. And I'd play guitar but I'm getting frustrated with it today.

Yes you do have a playstation. You also have a gameboy. You have all the best games for them as well which means you can legally download them onto your computer.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by Archaon
Neo is the one, duh.

this.

edit: ok, seriously, you can't spend a lifetime believing that there is someone out there for you that is perfect in every way. you have to live your life and see what happens. there's plenty of fish in the sea as they say, and any guy who's waiting it out should probably come down off his throne.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Last edited by Sol9989 at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by ZeGuitarist

+1
Page 1 of 3