I'm currently looking to buy a Bugera 333xl but i have few questions

First am i better to buy the half-stack or the combo?

Second if i choose the half-stack option, should i buy Bugera's cab or an other one like Marshall's cab?

Third Is there a big difference between the 333 and the 333xl?
depends are you gunna be playing in your bedroom or 300+ venues?
i would personally chose the bugera one as its what the head has been tested with and his how the manufacturers planned the amps sound and the marshall cabs are aroubnd the same price
umm i dont know the answer to your last question
i assume there is a difference
read through the stats and see if you can find one
i have the bugera 333xl half stack and in my opinion its too much amp for what i need. the half stack will give a bassier and fuller tone due to its 4x12 speakers, but it only sounds great when its LOUD. the combo is going to give a slightly different sound, but I cant speak for it because ive only played the half stack.

the cab is decent, i wouldnt go out and buy another. its matched to the head and sounds good.

there are several differences between the 333 and the 333xl. the 333xl features two inputs, one for high gain and one for low. the crunch and lead channel also feature high gain switches so the 333xl has a ton of gain and is better suited for metal. the 333xl has a build in noise gate which the 333 doesnt, and the 333 comes with 6l6 tubes and the 333xl comes with EL34 (EL84? i foret) tubes.

the 333xl would be a better choice if you like to play metal, but if you want a slight overdrive or are more clean focused then id go with the 333. (the 333xl has a really good clean channel but i imagine the 333 is more suited for it)
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
I prefer heads as compared to "tube torture chambers" (combos). Also easier to carry a 212 cab and a head seperatly.

Bugera cabs have a fairly decent tone. Usable for sure.

The 333XL has presence (IMHO a MUST), and even with stock EL34s, the XL switches really bring out the low end.
I have the 333XL and find it has toooooo much gain for what i need it for... (I don't play metal)
I use my crunch channel mostly with the guitar volume usually at 4-5 it gives you a ver very nice classic distorted sound but not too distorted.. I barely use the lead even set at around 2-3 the gain is too much for me.. I will be looking towards a mid-gain amp for my next buy.
I have the combo and currently I am very satisfied.. I only jam with a couple of friends and it sounds great. I recommend it.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie

there are several differences between the 333 and the 333xl. the 333xl features two inputs, one for high gain and one for low. the crunch and lead channel also feature high gain switches so the 333xl has a ton of gain and is better suited for metal. the 333xl has a build in noise gate which the 333 doesnt, and the 333 comes with 6l6 tubes and the 333xl comes with EL34 (EL84? i foret) tubes.

the 333xl would be a better choice if you like to play metal, but if you want a slight overdrive or are more clean focused then id go with the 333. (the 333xl has a really good clean channel but i imagine the 333 is more suited for it)

I have played both amps and while the 333xl has a lot of gain, it has more than anyone would actually use. So I would personally get the 333 because it can do metal very well unless you absolutely NEED a noise gate. So either choice is great for metal not just the 333xl
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
I'd hate to hijack the thread, but are Bugeras worth it? I'm in need of a good gigging/touring amp now that I've got a band where I'm on vox and guitar, and they seem to have something for every genre.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'd hate to hijack the thread, but are Bugeras worth it? I'm in need of a good gigging/touring amp now that I've got a band where I'm on vox and guitar, and they seem to have something for every genre.

There's a few things you gotta do to these amps to make them "road worthy".

That being said, these amps sound fantastic
Quote by Aidy Damage

go to this thread. has alot of info about the Bugera amps.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845438&highlight=bugera
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes