HI
I've checked the sticky on recording software but can you tell me which the best software for recording is in your opiion. I'm looking for something that should be able to play loops ( like garageband or acoustica mixcraft) and be fairly easy to use. I'm not looking for a professional kit with eq for every possible frequency ... just simple software. Free would be best but feel free to recommend some stuff that isn't, as well.
i have a pc by the way...

thx
Sony Acid has the same looping capabilities as Garageband, and they make a cheap consumer version. Sonar can do it easilly as well, but it's not cheap at all.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Gvalio
HI
I've checked the sticky on recording software but can you tell me which the best software for recording is in your opiion. I'm looking for something that should be able to play loops ( like garageband or acoustica mixcraft) and be fairly easy to use. I'm not looking for a professional kit with eq for every possible frequency ... just simple software. Free would be best but feel free to recommend some stuff that isn't, as well.
i have a pc by the way...

thx

Props for reading the sticky!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
You could use Audacity...I've never used it, but I have heard good things about it.
Audacity isn't even really a DAW, it's an audio editor that has some recording ability. Reaper is the best low cost one, but it still doesn't have the looping features this guy wants.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I believe CubaseAI4 has looping. It's the Light version of CubaseLE. I will check to see if it has looping, then I will check back in a second

EDIT: Apparently I need to register but this isn't my recording computer. I will come back to this later tonight.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Mar 12, 2009,