So I just bought to Linear tapered 500k push pots from ebay to coil split my g-400. Did I buy the wrong ones? I used the search bar and I'm still a little confused on the difference between audio and linear and if I can still use both of them or not.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
linear will work, it just wont be ideal.

the way our ears percieve volume is in a non-linear way, which is why we use audio (or logarithmic/log.) taper pots for volume, usually. in order to make something sound twice as loud, it has to be ten times more powerful

an audio pot takes this into account, and uses different resistive strips inside to make the volume sound 'linear'. at 'one' in the rotation, the volume sounds 1/10th of the max volume, at half, the volume sounds half.

when you use a linear pot for the volume, most of the volume change is in the first bit of the pots rotaion, and the last half or so of the rotation will seem to do nothing.

hope that made sense..

so tl;dr, yeah, you can use linear, but it won't worrk in an ideal way
^Thanks, I get it now, but what if I use these push pots as tone instead of volume?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
^That would be fine. It's common to have linear pots for tone, I actually prefer them.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks, my confusion has been solved.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ