ok well my girlfriends mom has an older tv, and wanted me to hook up a DVD player that uses RCA, so i told her to go buy a converter box that would take Coax to RCA/Composite.....well she did and the DVD player works on her TV now but i dont think the cable can play now, it has an "ANT IN" on the box and i tried that with the cable but it didn't work....now is this because its a cheaper box? or am I missing something?
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by Saf1
Follow instructions, put some ants in man

mants?
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Seriously though, if I understood you correctly what I'd do is have two setups: one for when you wanna watch cable and one for when you need the DVD player. It's a bitch to get them both to work atst, that's how we've got it setup at home so
Quote by Saf1
Seriously though, if I understood you correctly what I'd do is have two setups: one for when you wanna watch cable and one for when you need the DVD player. It's a bitch to get them both to work atst, that's how we've got it setup at home so

that's what i was gonna tell them to do, but i know her mom, and she wouldn't like the idea of having to get behind her tv and switching it
HAY QUIET!!!!!!!!!

oh, no sorry, it's Quilt

do this: go to her house, take a long run and jump in through the window. then get a brick and throw it in the tv. smash your mom with the DVD player, then get in the car and go to Mexico before the feds show up

(don't do this I'm just being a pitarse)
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Saf1
Oh AHAHAHHAHA I GET IT

ahah!

hah.

ha...

what

I find myself asking that question every single day...

PS: KYUSS does in fact = SEX
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by JDawg
I don't think you wanted the converter box. You wanted a video selector box... Ya know.. For multiple inputs.

well she has no Composite inputs at all, which is why she needed the converter
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
well she has no Composite inputs at all, which is why she needed the converter

Then you need a converter/video selector. You're occupying the only input of the tv for the dvd player. Get a box that has cable in and the rca/composite in. And you'll be set.
thanks everyone, i went over there today and fixed it