The name is pretty self explanatory, and I play alot of stuff like Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying. Out of those bands I really like Lamb of God's and Trivium's (only on shogun) and I wanted a suggestion on a distortion pedal to emulate their tone. I play a schecter synyter custom through a johnson millenium jm-150 THANKS IN ADVANCE
If you want to emulate that type of tone accurately, get a good tube amp and an OD pedal. Run the guitar -> OD Pedal -> amp on distortion channel, with the OD pedal's settings flat - just adding a little mid range clarity to tighten the tone up, and roll back the guitar's volume slightly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i know that lol im just looking for a good suggestion on a good pedal. i cant get a tube amp, but my amp the johnson has tubes in the preamp so its pretty close, with out spending like 1500 dollars, so yeah any suggestions on a pedal?
Or you could get a Randall and not have to worry about that. I can get the Shogun tones and the ATR tones in one amp. Check out the RG series
Oh I gotcha.

It's preference. A lot of guys love the Ibanez tube screamers - some mod them... I've heard good things about DOD 250s...

Myself I use a Boss DS1 if I use it for that, but generally I'll just use my Peavey's crunch channel and lay off the bass a bit.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you