Well I just realized that knowing the minor pentatonic basically means you know the major pentatonic. I cant believe i was that dumb to not catch that.

well anyways my question is... How do you play the First box/open strings position of E major Pentatonic if some notes are cut out? Do you have to tune to Eflat? I hope im not sounding confusing but this is the box pattern im talking about.

http://www.myguitarworkshop.com/Theory/Guitar_Pentatonic_Scales/pentatonic-box-pattern-G-major-in-all-position/1st-position-pentatonic-box-pattern-G-major.gif
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
play it at the 12 fret

or just dont play the open srting..
or just use the notes you can
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
so basically the only way around the whole thing is to do what you suggested or tune to Eflat huh? thats cool I guess
i wouldn't tune to Eb.. thats just me tho
you can and i'm sure it would wok fine..
but the notes ARE there.. just not in that position
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by Esp_kill07
so basically the only way around the whole thing is to do what you suggested or tune to Eflat huh? thats cool I guess

You don't need to tune to anything.

E major pentatonic is the notes E F# G# B C# , you can play the scale anywhere those notes appear.

However, being able to play E minor pentatonic does NOT mean you can play E major pentatonic, because the notes of Em pentatonic are E G A B D...the two scales only have two notes in common. The patterns aren't as important as you think, what really matters is the notes patterns contain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I know the notes are still there of course, they are all over the fret board but you cant play that specific box position there correct?
thats correct!!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
thank you just wanted to make sure I wasnt going blind or something.