Hey, this is my first thread in the A&C forum, so hello all.

I've been playin' electric guitar for nearly 4 years now.

While I have been building callouses, they form very slowly, and since my job involves getting my hands all wet and soapy, they seem to vanish.

I've been lookin' at getting an acoustic, anyways... do any of you acoustic players think I could form callouses quicker or make them tougher if I divided my time between acoustic and electric.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Yep. That's why most times it's recommended that you start on an acoustic. It also better builds finger stregth.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Your callouses will be stronger if you play acoustic pretty frequently because the strings are thicker and harder to fret. But getting your hands wet WILL destroy them no matter how strong they are. Can you wear rubber gloves for your job so your hands don't get wet? That's what I started doing when I wash dishes.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I might start wearing them, it's just weird when I put them on and the water gets in the gloves anyways... I will try... I bet that's why I have less finger strength.
shred guitar and blues and stuff with a lot of bends will get you stronger callouses quick, if you're into that
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Yeah, I kind like shred, well... EJ style, that sort of stuff, not really metal shred.

As for the blues, I enjoy them quite a bit.

I wish I could never wash dishes again. But as it turns out, I need cash. :O