well i am going to put the 81 and 85 in my les paul. and the store i am getting them at will install them for me. but is there any other things i will have to buy b/c there active pickups?
You need a stereo output jack and 1k pots to replace the ones you have now, other than that no. Those things should only cost about 10 bucks I'd think.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You will need batteries - but thats common sense. Other than that you shouldn't need anything.

EDIT:

Quote by Kevin Saale
You need a stereo output jack and 1k pots to replace the ones you have now, other than that no. Those things should only cost about 10 bucks I'd think.

Dont EMGs come with that stuff?? Or is that only if you order them directly from EMG?
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Mar 12, 2009,
^I have no idea, if they don't come with it you'll need it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I've never bought EMGs myself (I'm highly against active pickups) but according to the EMG site their pickups come with the Quik-Connect cable, prewired split shaft volume/tone control set, output jack, battery clip set, screws & springs.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I've never bought EMGs myself (I'm highly against active pickups) but according to the EMG site their pickups come with the Quik-Connect cable, prewired split shaft volume/tone control set, output jack, battery clip set, screws & springs.

why are you against them?
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
why are you against them?

Because they are one trick ponies with a very sterile and lifeless tone.

I like versatility and good tone.

Why are you for them? lol
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Because they are one trick ponies with a very sterile and lifeless tone.

Not true if they're used correctly They've been used in all sorts of genres.

When I bought mine, not direct I might add, I got all the pots and screws and **** with them.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia