I am going to be getting a Fender Mexican Standard HSS Stratocaster, but ive heard the pickups arnt that good.
I play alot of bluesy stuff, like SRV, Hendrix and some B.B King. I also play alot of Blues Rock and Classic Rock for example, Led Zeppelin, the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, Cream and Deep Purple. The Heaviest music that i regularly play is Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath.
I am also getting 3 pedals they are, the Fulltone OCD, a Digitech Whammy WH1 and a Vox Wah.
The amp i will be playing through is a Peavey Classic 30 which i shall be acquiring soon.

So my question is, with this gear, what pickups would suit my Genres the best?

Thanks in advance,

P.S- I will be acquire all this gear within the next year, but im getting the amp and guitar very soon, the guitar i will be getting when i sell my current guitar, the amp i will be getting for my birthday (May), the pedals on the other hand, i shall be getting when i can afford them.
this is the stickyest incident since stick the sticky stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun
DiMarzio Bluesbucker, Area 51 and Heavy Blues 2 from bridge to neck
if you go to the DiMarzio site yourself you can listen to demos of most their pups
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Mar 12, 2009,
I personally would just wait until you get all of this gear in and sorted. Congrats BTW on your upcoming purchases. I've got a Duncan Custom Custom in my HSS Strat but that might be a bit much. Wait, you said Mainden and DP too? Go ahead and take a look at the Duncan TB-11.
I like the same music and I have this guitar too. Just bought a soldering iron to change the pups. The stock ones arent THAT bad, and can work in the meantime. Especially through a decent amp they will sound good enough to get by with for the meantime

I am changing my humbucker to an Invader(heavy stuff), and will probably buy Dimarzios for the other 2(clean/bluesy)
Quote by justinb904
DiMarzio Bluesbucker, Area 51 and Heavy Blues 2 from bridge to neck
if you go to the DiMarzio site yourself you can listen to demos of most their pups

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

This site is so helpful. Check the Cruiser neck pickup out too if you want to replace the single coils. They sound so nice for blues
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Mar 12, 2009,