Hey, used the searchbar but no results this time!

I'm creating a music piece for my music tech course using REASON music software and its going fine, im just at a point in my track that could really use some typical pendulum esque synth sounds but ive been tryin to recreate similar sounds using the synths in REASON but im not getting anywhere atm, anybody know how i could go about this?

Thanks
You mean those kind of vibrato strings?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
"Torrent" NI Massive
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
yeahh, that sorta sharp? fast noise that gets used in a lot of the tracks, kinda hard to explain how it sounds but its pretty dominant in a lot of the songs. I'm just having no luck re-creating it atm.
What is that torrent? I've got to stick using reason for my course btw, so if its new software it's no help to me, thanks for the suggestion like :P
What song are you doing? For mine I have to do Tainted Love.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
The assignment i've got to do is creating a soundtrack based upon images of our own choice, like following a theme such as industrial with pics of factories etc.
Quote by CTFOD
What song are you doing? For mine I have to do Tainted Love.

/wrists

I gotta do that. It's due in in less than 2 weeks. I haven't started it.

I'm well and truly fucked.

But yeah, you want some VSTs. There's a free one called Genesis that has some nice sounds, look on www.kvraudio.com

Also, this should be in Riffs and Recordings.
SOMETIMES I FEEL I'VE GOT TO..

*Bang*

I've done my Tainted Love and my second piece of Cwk, Now onto my Recording piece. Tainted love did my ****in' head in though.
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
Okay, it'd appear that the website the Genesis VST was on no longer works. Okay, well I'm fairly sure it's freeware, so I'll send it to you over your profile.

You just gotta run the setup on the machine you're using, and set the output on the midi track you're using to the VST.
Last edited by filthandfury at Mar 12, 2009,
All my music tech coursework (so far) is on my profile atm. I use Logic Pro 8. I really don't like Reason.

Just mess around with the LFO. I think it'd be a square wave with some sort of modulation.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by filthandfury
/wrists

I gotta do that. It's due in in less than 2 weeks. I haven't started it.

I'm well and truly fucked.

But yeah, you want some VSTs. There's a free one called Genesis that has some nice sounds, look on www.kvraudio.com

Also, this should be in Riffs and Recordings.

Well if it isn't Mr. Me-and-ctfod-are-doing-the-same-course.

I'm almost done with my coursework. i just have to master my '80s rock dido song, which is a very obvious Van Halen rip-off.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD

I'm almost done with my coursework. i just have to master my '80s rock dido song, which is a very obvious Van Halen rip-off.

You're on Edexcel aren't you? I'm a year ahead of you.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by CTFOD

I went for Dido, but in an RnB style. It doesn't sound like RnB though. More like house.

But it's pretty much done, and so's my recording task, but I'm shitting it over the Tainted Love. I've not put any of it in, let alone started on recreating the synths. I don't know what to do.
Thanks for the link filth, i'll install it tomorrow, cannot be assd tonight haha, and thanks for the other suggestions too guys!
Quote by filthandfury
I went for Dido, but in an RnB style. It doesn't sound like RnB though. More like house.

But it's pretty much done, and so's my recording task, but I'm shitting it over the Tainted Love. I've not put any of it in, let alone started on recreating the synths. I don't know what to do.

Once you get past the first chorus, it's really just a load of copying and pasting.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Once you get past the first chorus, it's really just a load of copying and pasting.

Pretty much Mine's got a bit of a weird structure though, including a very Pokemon-esque bridge. Seriously, it's like the music in the Pokemon Tower.

My teacher said that it was too long (yes, that's what she said).

Also, our music department has THE WORST monitors, and the teachers refuse to admit this, so they say that my mixing and equalizing is crap
Quote by filthandfury
Pretty much Mine's got a bit of a weird structure though, including a very Pokemon-esque bridge. Seriously, it's like the music in the Pokemon Tower.

My teacher said that it was too long (yes, that's what she said).

Also, our music department has THE WORST monitors, and the teachers refuse to admit this, so they say that my mixing and equalizing is crap

Our studio has the worst acoustics. If I want a decent sound I need to baffle EVERYTHING. You can hear everything that happens outside so our mics pick it all up. Our macs don't even have the system spec for Logic 8!

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by CTFOD

I'm doing the same course too.
Quote by RHCP-NIRVANA
What is that torrent? I've got to stick using reason for my course btw, so if its new software it's no help to me, thanks for the suggestion like :P

Native Instruments Massive is a great synth. It should be able to work with reason.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Reason can't use VSTs (or any other type of plugin) n00bs.

You can get sounds like that with either Maelstrom or Thor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm