So for the past couple of years I have been listening to mostly metal, but punk has always had a place in my heart and I feel its about time to check out some new stuff. Looking into bands like Lagwagon, No Use For A Name, Strung Out, The Unseen, Pennywise, etc. Anything been put out recently by these bands or bands like these? I got the recent Pennywise CD and enjoyed it. Maybe these bands are considered pop, but I need a change of pace from the pummeling metal I have been listening to lately.
Erm Internal Salvation has been put out by The Unseen which I like as an album although it sticks to pretty much the same thing all the way through.

Smoke Or Fire are a good band, so check out their two albums Above The City and This Sinking Ship.

You might like Strike Anywhere so check out To Live In Discontent and Exit English.

Propagandhi are a really great band so I'd recommend anything by them. Probably start with Today's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes.

Thought Riot's Sketches Of Undying Will and Shattered Mirror Syndrome are really upbeat melodic albums.

Maybe you'll like The Gaslight Anthem's The 59 Sound (even though it's probably not punk.)

Maybe you'll even like Anti-flag's The Bright Lights Of America (you said poppier stuff so...)

Quote by guitarsftw
i'd actually suggest going oldschool with bands like minor threat and black flag

He said he wanted something a bit more chill to listen to, I'd guess that isn't old school hardcore.
Last edited by Adam_Harrison9 at Mar 12, 2009,
^You were spot on. I get enough Hardcore listening to Hatebreed, Terror, and Gojira.

Good call with Anti-Flag. The last CD I got of theirs was Terror State and I really enjoyed it.
Crimpshrine
Bouncing Souls
Snuff
Goober Patrol
Swingin Utters
88 Fingers Louie
Only Crime
Lawrence Arms
Screeching Weasel
The Loved Ones
Descendets
7 Seconds
Bombshell Rocks
The Distillers
Good Riddance
Good Clean Fun
Ignite
SNFU
Millencolin
Me first and the Gimme Gimmes
Street Dogs

most of these bands aren´t really good, some are decent to fine, but you´ll maybe like them
The Misfits

Cant go wrong whit them.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Try to find the album "From The Bottom" by Off With Their Heads. I think you'd enjoy that quite a bit.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by lavazza
Crimpshrine
Bouncing Souls
Snuff
Goober Patrol
Swingin Utters
88 Fingers Louie
Only Crime
Lawrence Arms
Screeching Weasel
The Loved Ones
Descendets
7 Seconds
Bombshell Rocks
The Distillers
Good Riddance
Good Clean Fun
Ignite
SNFU
Millencolin
Me first and the Gimme Gimmes
Street Dogs

most of these bands aren´t really good, some are decent to fine, but you´ll maybe like them

heh 7 seconds...lawl
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by Greenfinger182
Try to find the album "From The Bottom" by Off With Their Heads. I think you'd enjoy that quite a bit.

Definitely, also maybe Civil War by Dillinger Four.

You might also like None More Black.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Reccomendations thread!

It's stickied for the reason that you will see it and use it instead of making threads like this!

Jeez louise!