Quote by backupbass1
i have the boss bass eq pedal.

but i wish i got the MXR 10 band eq

Doesn't answer the question at all

EQ stands for equalizer or equalization TS,which are/is the controls that control the frequencies of your sound.Your bass,mid,and treble controls on your amp are your EQ,and you use them to shape your tone by cutting or boosting certain frequencies.An EQ pedal is the same thing,but it's external and usually gives you a much more precise control over your EQ range than just your 3 band amp EQ.If you're having trouble dialing in the tone you want with just the EQ on your amp than an EQ pedal is a great investment.They can also function as a booster pedal if they have a gain control on them.You set the gain high but leave the frequency controls at 0 db,so that way your signal gets a boost without altering your tone.I could go into detail about what frequencies control what aspect of your sound,but I'd rather not type a huge post.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.