I'm relatively new to modding guitars so I'm asking you guys to help me out a bit on choosing pickups.

In the bridge I'm going to have a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb. However, I have no idea what to get for the Neck/Middle positions. For the neck I'd like a creamy Eric Johnson-esque tone. I'm open to suggestions for the middle position because for some reason I tend to stray away from using it in my playing. Regardless, I'd like both to have a similar output level to that of the Nailbomb.

Anyway, I should have plenty of cash this summer, so price is not an issue. I also do not want EMGs.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

for that EJ tone, you def. need single coil pickups
go to dimarzio's site, they have a great selection of pickups of all sorts
My bad, I forgot to mention the Neck/Mid are single coil slots.
I'll check them out. Any specific models in mind?

EDIT: DiMarzio recommends the Chopper, Virtual Blues, and Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2. Anyone have any experience with these?

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Last edited by kschaef at Mar 12, 2009,
Look up red velvet pickups. Great creamy tone.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
To keep your outputs balanced I reccomend a Slowhand at the neck position for thick sounding Strat lead tones and a Trilogy Suite or Slowhand in the middle; chances are the Trilogy will balance better but I don't know.
These are all Bare Knuckles because you said price isn't an issue and I do so love Bare Knuckles.
Thanks gents

I've got my eye on DiMarzio Area 67s. I really like the way Paul Gilbert's Fireman sounds with those.

Gear:

the lives to come