I know there are the typicals like Red House, Hear my Train a'comin, voodoo child and (Slight Return). But as for the Major scale as an influence; Im looking at trying to pick up on the techniques in Bold as Love, All along the Watchtower, Castles made of Sand, Wind cries mary, and up from the skies? Any other must learn songs that help with playing some major blues by Hendrix?( and yes i know all of them are good to learn from)Comments...?
you NEED to learn EVERY hendrix song... its manditory if you play one you must play them all.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
his version of catfish blues is eye opening, although it is minor blues
1983 (A Merman I Should Turn to Be) is a little spacey, but the guitar riffs are some great bluesy stuff.

Definitely a prime example of Hendrix's "Earth and Space" philosophy.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
There's a lot you can take from Hendrix. The blues are his basis. Come On Pt 1 (Freddie King song souped-up Hendrix style with bits reminding me of the sublime Johnny Winter), the 15 minute Voodoo Chile as mentioned is incredible and a personal favourite (particularly the intro/outro) is House Burning Down. In a nutshell listen to all of his albums and try to replicate your favourite bits, same goes for any artist, take parts of their work you like and use it....

win.

PS: 1983... (a mermaid...) is one of the most beautiful spacey tracks this side of Hawkwind.
you should probably pick up his Martin Scorcese blues album, and Jimi Hendrix, The Blues. But definately catfish blues, voodoo chile, come on part 1 (earl king i beileve it is), Born Under a Bad sign, band of gypsys is more funk and soul, great album though, belly button window, my friend, hey baby is bluesy/spacey, midnight lightning. all good bluesy songs!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Yes come on part 1 is credited to Earl King and not Freddie, sorry but it's always reminded me of Freddie King's version of Let The Good Time's Roll, even though it is Earl's song...

Genius, either way!

and Catfish blues is excellent I must agree, as are the Canned Heat, Skip James, Taste and Robert Petway versions!
^ no problem on the mix up, just wanted to correct it :P and yes it is a fantastic song!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by strawforest007
PS: 1983... (a mermaid...) is one of the most beautiful spacey tracks this side of Hawkwind.

Merman....merman!!!!
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."