good idea.

lots of money in selling pot, might help the economy a little and it'll give the government a little more control over marijuana
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Tatersalad1080
good idea.

lots of money in selling pot, might help the economy a little and it'll give the government a little more control over marijuana

This.

I don't smoke weed, nor will I, even if America decided to lift the ban, but soooo many people do, and its not going to stop, weed is good, alcohol is bad, but the only reason we have alcohol and not weed is because not everyone can produce alcohol.

The Gub'ment is dumb.
Yes!

Sweden next!!!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
HAHA my teacher was telling me about this a couple days ago. I agree it will help with the economy, but i think maybe we already have enough drugies in America... =P
Anyone who thinks this will seriously help the economy is beyond stupid
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Deicidal
Gotta love footage of an old guy, wearing a neck brace, taking bong hits.

ahaha right? i laughed at that
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by StewieSwan

Do explain...

*waits to the sound of crickets*

EDIT: Wait...

You're right. It won't do much.

If MEDICAL cannabis is already legal then having the State grow and tax it won't do much.

Actually, people will probably start buying their weed illegally if the government wants to charge a nintey-dollar tax on it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan

You're so smart.

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Do want
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I don't see why all these kids think it would be awsome if weed was legalized.

The government will be the main providers of the drug, so it will be much more expensive and probably watered down (not literally)
My signature sucks.
Quote by Jericho114
You're so smart.

PING!

Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by fowles06

The government will be the main providers of the drug, so it will be much more expensive and probably watered down (not literally)

Because then owning weed will not be punishable by law..
Quote by fowles06

Another genius. Anyone else that has no research on this topic want to talk out of their asses?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by fowles06

Um, no, the government doesn't sell anything. They will, however, TAX it, adding millions of dollars to their budgets, reducing debt, normal taxes, etc.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by fowles06

if they do that then it wont kill the organized crime aspect of it, so people will go back to getting it from guys off the street. so im sure it will be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine
Is anyone actually watching the video besides me?

The TS's title is misleading...

...they're not selling weed to everyone, ONLY MEDICAL USERS.

AND

They've already been selling medical weed, but up until now it's been from private growers. The state wants to take over the growing to make some extra cash.

IMO, it won't work if they're gonna tax it that much unless they have a super high-scale operation.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by fowles06

Why would it be.
If the government produced it themselves then it would be even cheaper. Of course that won't happen in the states, "Oh noes, private industry isn't getting its fingers in"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Why would it be.
If the government produced it themselves then it would be even cheaper. Of course that won't happen in the states, "Oh noes, private industry isn't getting its fingers in"

WRONG!

If they government are the ONLY ones producing it then they can charge whatever they want. You can't say for sure whether or not it'll be cheaper.

If you want GOOD and CHEAP weed, capitalism has to get a hold of it. Competition will drive the prices down and the quality up. That's just how it works.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Um, no, the government doesn't sell anything. They will, however, TAX it, adding millions of dollars to their budgets, reducing debt, normal taxes, etc.

You're way overestimating the money that will be made. You know, it's a minuscule amount of the population that regularly uses weed. It really won't make a difference in the grand scheme of the economy.
Quote by StewieSwan
You're way overestimating the money that will be made. You know, it's a minuscule amount of the population that regularly uses weed. It really won't make a difference in the grand scheme of the economy.

Yeah, billions of dollars in taxes would do nothing for this economy. Instead we should just keep buying stimulus packages.
Quote by red18420

Quote by Deicidal
Gotta love footage of an old guy, wearing a neck brace, taking bong hits.

i giggled when i saw that.

also, they said it would eliminate the need for people to grow it themselves, but i would rather buy it from the guy standing at the corner for a relatively low amount of money, than have to pay a $90 tax just for 1 ounce.
Quote by StewieSwan

Where the hell do you live?

Where I am, I would say that at LEAST 30% of people have/will/do smoke weed at least occasionally.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman

Where I am, I would say that at LEAST 30% of people have/will/do smoke weed at least occasionally.

In a bubble apparently.
Quote by red18420

Quote by dudetheman
WRONG!

If they government are the ONLY ones producing it then they can charge whatever they want. You can't say for sure whether or not it'll be cheaper.

If you want GOOD and CHEAP weed, capitalism has to get a hold of it. Competition will drive the prices down and the quality up. That's just how it works.

*buzzer noise*
Wrong.

If the government themselves produce it then they can indeed charge whatever they want for it. That doesn;t mean they will. There is only one electricity provider in Ireland (government) and they don't overcharge.A government funded drug producer would have the added incentive of having to crush the black market.
It also means that the government doesn;t have to tax it as any profit goes directly to the exchequer.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by dudetheman

Where the hell do you live? The last statistic I saw said that about 40% of americans have tried pot at least once in their lives. Now when you figure 40% isn't that much more than 30% and that's including people who have done it once or twice in a lifetime, it really narrows down the people who reguarly use it.

Now, as for your made up statistic, a bunch of your friends and aquaintances is not a very accurate sample group. Unless you hang out with people from all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities, religions, etc. The part of town you live in affects the statistics as well as the part of the country you live in.

So before you go mocking me, why don't you try and learn something for once. The rest of the country isn't hell bent on legalizing marijuana. In fact, most of them don't even give a shit.

Edit: and for the record, I'm not against legalizing it either.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Mar 12, 2009,
Why is it that whenever these threads pop up there's always some druguser coming in being needlessly agressive (and defensive...)?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by StewieSwan

So before you go mocking me, why don't you try and learn something for once. The rest of the country isn't hell bent on legalizing marijuana. In fact, most of them don't even give a shit.

http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/archives/2009/02/marijuana_legalization_more_popular_than_key_conservative_leaders.php

http://blog.indecisionforever.com/2009/02/25/support-for-marijuana-legalization-getting-higher-but-a-nice-kind-of-calm-high/
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by StewieSwan
Where the hell do you live? The last statistic I saw said that about 40% of americans have tried pot at least once in their lives. Now when you figure 40% isn't that much more than 30% and that's including people who have done it once or twice in a lifetime, it really narrows down the people who reguarly use it.

Now, as for your made up statistic, a bunch of your friends and aquaintances is not a very accurate sample group. Unless you hang out with people from all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities, religions, etc. The part of town you live in affects the statistics as well as the part of the country you live in.

Who the hell do you think puts out these statistics on cannabis usage?

How honest do you think people are when they get a call asking them whether or not they've ever smoked cannabis?

Your statistic is probably more fucked up than mine.

Quote by StewieSwan

Well, it's a shame that most of them don't give a ****, seeing as how it's their duty as citizens of the United States Of America to oppose laws that are unjust.

And I wasn't mocking you, I was merely making a statement about your skewed statistic.

I am mocking you now though, and I will probably continue to do so if you decide to respond to this post.

Dick.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Mar 12, 2009,