hey peeps!

just got home from the 'recording studio' which was a room with instruments, amps, mics and two recording-microphones in each corner of the room..
anyway, me and my band (The good, the bad, God and the Devil,) were recording our very first own song!! It's called "The Beauty of destruction" and we would reeeeeally like you guys opinion!!
It has guitars, bass, drums, vocals n' all that ****, but the quality aint the best because of all the things i mentioned before

anyway please, please, please let us hear what you think!! it'll really make us all high if we could get some response!
the beauty of destruction! . take it away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUGGA9WKz8
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
From what I can hear over the drums you got quite a good sound, but I can't really much coz the drums are too loud.
What mikes did you use out of interest and where were they pointed?
Last edited by stiff-upper-lip at Mar 12, 2009,
Rad Tune.

Crank everything (apart from the drums) up a bit next time.

Drummers. Can't live with them, cant live without them.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
thanks and i totally agree! waay too much power on the drums right there!!
well, i wish i had a good answer. all i can say is that one of them stod in front of the drum set .. generally recording drums and guitar and vocals, and another one stod between bass-amp but were always recording vocals
i don't know what microphones they were.

but thanks for the response!

Quote by willieturnip
Rad Tune.

Crank everything (apart from the drums) up a bit next time.

Drummers. Can't live with them, cant live without them.

thanks man!
and yeepper.. !! i know exactly what you meen..
and he claims he can't play it more quietly !!
what's up with that!?
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Last edited by TheKermal at Mar 12, 2009,
aaaah theres your problem right there. You never need a microphone pointing directly at the drum kit if you're doing a live room recording like that.
For next time point one microphones high up facing downwards towards the amps and vocals and facing away from the drum kit, but not next to the drum kit. That way you should pick up the guitar, bass and vocals a lot better, but still pick up a lot of the drums.
Quote by stiff-upper-lip
aaaah theres your problem right there. You never need a microphone pointing directly at the drum kit if you're doing a live room recording like that.
For next time point one microphones high up facing downwards towards the amps and vocals and facing away from the drum kit, but not next to the drum kit. That way you should pick up the guitar, bass and vocals a lot better, but still pick up a lot of the drums.

yea they're pretty loud for them self
i would like to say that one of the mics weren't pointing right at the drum set but well.. standing very close to it. that might be our problem yes
thanks
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked