alright, well me and my friends are going to take one of our first solo stabs at recording. We've had a couple of recordings at one of friends houses using his mics and software but he's in Mexico for two weeks and therefore won't be able to help.

Here's the deal, i have a project over the march break in which i have to basically redo a song (lyrics and instruments) and make a music video for it.

What i have is Reason Software, a video camera, 2 amps, drums, guitars, basses and one mic (isn't the best quality).

What i'm wondering is; is it possible to record this? I'd like to record using Reason, but have no clue how to get the sounds (guitar, vocals) onto my computer. If not possible, how would it sound recording it through the video camera, im assuming not good.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm completely lost in this area of music.
i read the title and i thought you were gonna go on a jerry seinfeld rant like "what is the deal with airline food?"

anyway, u need to be able to mic yourself to the computer via usb, so if the mic u have has usb connectivity, u should be fine, if not, your screwed
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
or mic yourself up and take it through a DI box into the sound card.
Or Firewire, but those cost quite a bit for a little box thing
I'm FAT!
Reason doesn't have any recording or audio editing facilities, you need a different DAW program, and it needs to have Rewire support if you want to bring in sounds from Reason.

You also need a recording interface, probably with at least 4 simultaneous inputs if you want to record drums.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Reason doesn't have any recording or audio editing facilities, you need a different DAW program, and it needs to have Rewire support if you want to bring in sounds from Reason.

You also need a recording interface, probably with at least 4 simultaneous inputs if you want to record drums.

that just confused the crap out of me. basically i'm looking for the simpliest way to record guitar and voice, drums i can add in. I'm kind of leaning to just recording using the video camera right now because it would be easier for me
Quote by guitarsftw
i read the title and i thought you were gonna go on a jerry seinfeld rant like "what is the deal with airline food?"

Haha! Have you heard the one about cart people at airports? So funny! You know what? I think I'm going to sig that joke! Lol

Anyways, don't use your video recorder
Read the Recording FAQs thread thats stickied at the top.

EDIT:Where did the popcorn smilie come from? I didn't put it in... Weird.
..I was watching my death.