I searched and didn't find anything for this awesome band! what does everyone think of their new album? like it? hate it?

talk about everything to do with The View here
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Love it.. it was ****ing immense, they didn't stick to the boring generic formula like Kaiser Chiefs or Pigeon Detectives..
what a dull band. can't you got listen to Ween or something?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
what a dull band. can't you got listen to Ween or something?

You listen to blink-182.. therefore your opinion will never matter in any discussion regarding music EVER..
Quote by Libertine..
You listen to blink-182.. therefore your opinion will never matter in any discussion regarding music EVER..

This.
I love tracks like skag trendy where the vocals are different to all other songs but it's really catchy.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by Libertine..
haha, classic. first of all, I chose my name 5 years ago. 2nd, blink-182 have a niche and a sound. the View have no niche, no sound. Just fuzzy guitars that's been done to ****. How uninspiring can a band be?! Very, apparently...

try listening to the Microphones or Television or something.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
haha, classic. first of all, I chose my name 5 years ago. 2nd, blink-182 have a niche and a sound. the View have no niche, no sound. Just fuzzy guitars that's been done to ****. How uninspiring can a band be?! Very, apparently...

try listening to the Microphones or Television or something.

Stop trying to name underground bands to make yourself feel as if you're musically better than anyone who listens to a generic band (ie. The View)..

Blink-182 are awful with their instruments, and their 'niche' as you put it is 12 year old girls and such.. The View have no niche, granted, but in the real world the quality of a band doesn't depend on their cult of fans Just a side note I'd like to see blink 182 try and produce a song like 'Unexpected' just so it brings out their musical flaws..

(Phil Elvrum is genius btw )

Back to The View.. they're not the best, their first album was pretty average, but I quite like their second, it's more experimental and has a different 'sound' altogether..
Last edited by Libertine.. at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by Libertine..
Stop trying to name underground bands to make yourself feel as if you're musically better than anyone who listens to a generic band (ie. The View)..

Blink-182 are awful with their instruments, and their 'niche' as you put it is 12 year old girls and such.. The View have no niche, granted, but in the real world the quality of a band doesn't depend on their cult of fans Just a side note I'd like to see blink 182 try and produce a song like 'Unexpected' just so it brings out their musical flaws..

(Phil Elvrum is genius btw )
awful with their instruments? ever heard of Travis Barker? comfortably one of the best drummers around and streets ahead of Matt Helders (although I do like Arctics) DeLonge and Hoppus may not be accomplished but their roots are in punk so no qualms there. Their experimentation with production was a delight to listen to on their last album, with songs like All Of This, Not Now and Stockholm Syndrome being fascinating to listen to.

It just depresses me when people are so oblivious to the bands that inspired the bands they love and are happy to lap up whatever their fed by Radio One or NME. Especially when their Carling swilling piss in a bottle and launch it Oasis loving neanderthal idiots.

Oh, and is it just me or does Elvrum look like the lead singer of White Lies?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Last edited by NOFX182 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by NOFX182
awful with their instruments? ever heard of Travis Barker? comfortably one of the best drummers around and streets ahead of Matt Helders (although I do like Arctics) DeLonge and Hoppus may not be accomplished but their roots are in punk so no qualms there. Their experimentation with production was a delight to listen to on their last album, with songs like All Of This, Not Now and Stockholm Syndrome being fascinating to listen to.

It just depresses me when people are so oblivious to the bands that inspired the bands they love and are happy to lap up whatever their fed by Radio One or NME. Especially when their Carling swilling piss in a bottle and launch it Oasis loving neanderthal idiots.

Oh, and is it just me or does Elvrum look like the lead singer of White Lies?

They don't have punk roots at all.. and I'm most defo not one of these NME wanchors if that's the image your building up.. though I do like a lot of the bands they push..

And they look like cousins at the very least.. an uncanny resemblance..
it is a really good album. probably one of my favourite albums of all time. it takes a few listens to get into it but it's well worth the time.
Oh man. I forgot about these guys. I wasn't aware they were releasing a new album.

"Superstar Tradesman" was one of my favorite songs a few years ago.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I think the View are Amazing.
Which Bitch really is a great album, One Off Pretender and Realisation are my two favourite off it.
RULE BRITANNIA
I quite liked some of the songs off of the first one, though I've never heard it all.

One of the new songs was playing on the radio a while back, and dad thought it was Buzzcocks, so on the punk roots argument, these guys have them. But whatever.
I like this band I haven't picked up their newest album yet though.