Page 1 of 3
anyone else hate what it has done to kids, or like what is has done to kids, or what?
What, introducved them to new and old rock music?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by StewieSwan
*reported*

enough already

09er with sense!

kudos sir.. there have been way too many fooking GH threads!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

The Good:
Got kids into Black Sabbath etc rather than the Jonas Bros

The Bad:
Made kids think they are amazing because they can press buttons and taking up guitar because of it. Its a bit like someone scoring a killstreak on Halo or Call of Duty and going to war purely because of it.
i believe it severely limits kids music tastes. for instance i tell kids who love metallica cause they heard it in the game to check out bands like megadeth but they instantly tell me that metallica is much better without even listening, and tell me the same things about pantera, machine head, mastadon. and when they talk about guitaring, they think you have to shred to be good, which can be a factor, but they think that someone like stevie ray vaughan sucks he doesnt play as fast as paul gilbert
lol i suck as at it :P but seriously though it inspired one of my neighbour kids to play guitar (or it was me with my divine skills ^^) but either way if it isnt played by complete game freaks i think its for the good of rock music, unless they all end up as dragonforce fans:P (no offense to real DF fans^^)
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by will123456789
09er with sense!

kudos sir.. there have been way too many fooking GH threads!

'09?

<.<

>.>
PM me for newts
hey dont talk crap about guitar hero man thats how i found my favorite band (the fall of troy) and thats what led me to play the real guitar. GH FTW

edit: lol ill admit... i beat TTFaF on expert... and i thought i was a hard ass
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by guitaringnathan
i believe it severely limits kids music tastes. for instance i tell kids who love metallica cause they heard it in the game to check out bands like megadeth but they instantly tell me that metallica is much better without even listening, and tell me the same things about pantera, machine head, mastadon. and when they talk about guitaring, they think you have to shred to be good, which can be a factor, but they think that someone like stevie ray vaughan sucks he doesnt play as fast as paul gilbert

yeah they think that your only good if your on guitar hero..
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
oh. my. god. seriously?.

please go whine to somebody who cares, and a pit where it hasnt been said 8trillion times
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Who cares about Guitar Hero?? Yeah, it may have caused guitars/basses/drums to become stupid ****ing trends, but it's a fun game to play with friends.
Quote by Random3
The Good:

The Bad:
Made kids think they are amazing because they can press buttons and taking up guitar because of it. Its a bit like someone scoring a killstreak on Halo or Call of Duty and going to war purely because of it.

hahaha. thats funny
Quote by Random3
The Good:

The Bad:

lol

*US soldier starts running around throwing grenades and spraying bullets into random civilian iraqis*

Soldier, "TRIPLE KILL! RUNNING RIOT!"
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
hey dont talk crap about guitar hero man thats how i found my favorite band (the fall of troy) and thats what led me to play the real guitar. GH FTW

edit: lol ill admit... i beat TTFaF on expert... and i thought i was a hard ass

Same. I never liked music until i played GH in 07'. I hardly play it any more because i learned that you could waist time on that or play real guitar. I also realized how many people in my school are tools when it comes to that game.

Real Guitar>plastar
I just don't like guitar hero because what it has done to kids, such as make them that them playing on expert will contribute what-so-ever to there legt guitar playing.
Quote by FalseXHope
I just don't like guitar hero because what it has done to kids, such as make them that them playing on expert will contribute what-so-ever to there legt guitar playing.

What I hate about it is that kids who have no taste in music/have no musical ability decide to buy a LP knockoff and play 3 chords, then form a band 3 days later.
Quote by Deicidal
What I hate about it is that kids who have no taste in music/have no musical ability decide to buy a LP knockoff and play 3 chords, then form a band 3 days later.

great point. no offense to newcomers, at all. But I do dislike it when kids have there cheap strat knock-offs, out of tune, can play a few notes, cant hold a pick without dropping it, tell me they can play shred.
I can't stand guitar hero, and I hate all of these little kids that play it!!!

Because Rock Band is so much better
Is this an american thing, because I have never met anyone who thinks they can play guitar because they can play TTFAF on expert.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Actually, GH helped me improve my guitar skills, by helping with finger strength, and the ability to stretch my fingers. And I actually played GH2 last night, and played my favorite songs on Expert.
Im not quite sure, but I will tell you right now, I have met multiple people who think they kick ass, and play eal guitar, because they can play guitar hero
Quote by FalseXHope

If I ever see that happen, I may agree, but as of now, I think you should quit ya bitchin.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by FalseXHope
great point. no offense to newcomers, at all. But I do dislike it when kids have there cheap strat knock-offs, out of tune, can play a few notes, cant hold a pick without dropping it, tell me they can play shred.

Definitely. I feel ashamed to be a teenager because of it. You won't believe how many kids I know have no clue what an arpeggio is. They wonder where the shiny buttons are on the fretboard.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Actually, GH helped me improve my guitar skills, by helping with finger strength, and the ability to stretch my fingers. And I actually played GH2 last night, and played my favorite songs on Expert.

Finger strength from pushing down on coloured buttons? I don't buy it. Maybe the stretching thing but you have to draw a line.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by jambi_mantra
If I ever see that happen, I may agree, but as of now, I think you should quit ya bitchin.

im just kind of expressing my opinion, i mean after all the bill of rights lets me do that
Quote by FalseXHope
im just kind of expressing my opinion, i mean after all the bill of rights lets me do that

I'm just kind of not listening, I mean after all being British lets me do that.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by CTFOD
Is this an american thing, because I have never met anyone who thinks they can play guitar because they can play TTFAF on expert.

This.

You people are overreacting. It's a fucking game for god's sake, nobody fucking thinks they can play real guitar because of it.
Wells mabye thay really cant play the real guitar and need to be cool to all other people who can't play.....
Last edited by GuitarYay at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by creeping.death!
This.

You people are overreacting. It's a fucking game for god's sake, nobody fucking thinks they can play real guitar because of it.

EVERYONE in my school thinks they can and it drives me insane, apart from that they only know any of the songs from the games from a band... i had on a black sabbath tee shirt the other day nd some kid was like "I LOVE BLACK SABBATH!! THEIR MY FAVORITE BAND EVER!", so i asked them their fav sabbath song nd he just said that he only knew the ones that were on gh
I pressed her thigh and death smiled

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
-John Lennon
Quote by creeping.death!
This.

you sir, have no idea what you are talking about, there is literally a 20-30 member group at my school of guitar hero kids that are "bad ass" and "could" play real guitar if they wanted to.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
The drums on it taught me how to drum.

So I like it.

how did it teach you how to drum?
Quote by GuitarYay
Wells mabye thay really cant play the real guitar and need to be cool to all other people who can't play.....

wow. that looks crazy in formula form in the quote thingy!

i hate GH. Mainly cos all my friends think its so cool, and i'm the only one who actually plays real guitar.

Its got kids into older bands. But the majority of them only like the songs that are on guitar hero

If a kid who has been playing GH asks if you've got a certain artist on your mp3 player, or if you can play a certain artist on real guitar, you can bet that they'll say the song thats on GH.
thats from experience. and it pisses me off
Quote by FalseXHope
you sir, have no idea what you are talking about, there is literally a 20-30 member group at my school of guitar hero kids that are "bad ass" and "could" play real guitar if they wanted to.

GH is not to blame for that, though. Blame stupid people.
Page 1 of 3