you need a MIDI sequencer (Cubase, Sonar, FL Studio, EnergyXT, Reaper etc) and a virtual drum program (Superior Drummer, Battery, EZDrummer etc.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you export the GP drum track as a MIDI file, then you import it into your MIDI sequencer and route the MIDI to the drum plugin (how you do this depends on the sequencer) you also will probably have to assign the MIDI notes to certain drum sounds, since GP tends to be kind of screwy with how it handles MIDI.

Last.fm
Basically MIDI is just data, you can place it on a MIDI track in any good sequencer (Cubase, Sonar...) and route that data to trigger a software synth such as Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0 which will then output an audio file for each MIDI note input.
Right. It's not that midi drums sound bad. Poorly programmed drum tracks triggering crappy samples sound bad.

Some drum programming sounds better than what most people can get with real drums and expensive mics and a good drummer. It's just that every variable in the chain has to be right on - especially the performance/programming and the quality of the samples being triggered.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you export the GP drum track as a MIDI file, then you import it into your MIDI sequencer and route the MIDI to the drum plugin (how you do this depends on the sequencer) you also will probably have to assign the MIDI notes to certain drum sounds, since GP tends to be kind of screwy with how it handles MIDI.

So can you go in exact detail on exactly what I have to do please? Like I tried doing it myself but I can't get it right.

So I opened FL Studio 8. And I imported the midi drum track from guitar pro. Then when I try to play it, it doesn't play.

But even if it did play, how would it change from the gp drum sounds to a better sounding drum sound.

Thanks
theres one built into most version of FL called FLP. Use that (I'm assuming you know how to open instruments and stuff)

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you also will probably have to assign the MIDI notes to certain drum sounds, since GP tends to be kind of screwy with how it handles MIDI.

Never really considered GP "screwy" when it comes to MIDI, it uses the GM standard for the output of MIDI files. What you might have to look out for is the controller data that it exports which can screw with some settings in most DAWs (but not the note assignments).

Quote by DannyRL
oh wait, i forgot, i need a virtual drum machine huh

Not really, what you need is a sample playback plugin/software since you've already programmed the drums in GP. I'm not sure but I think the DirectWave sampler is now included in FL Studio. You might have an older version though.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
theres one built into most version of FL called FLP. Use that (I'm assuming you know how to open instruments and stuff)

no, not really, sorry

I just have the program because my friend gave it to me. I forgot how he got it onto my computer though, torrent or cd

so what exactly would i have to do?
Quote by moody07747
Basically MIDI is just data, you can place it on a MIDI track in any good sequencer (Cubase, Sonar...) and route that data to trigger a software synth such as Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0 which will then output an audio file for each MIDI note input.

So I imported the midi file into Sony Acid. Then what do I do after that? Export it as midi again? or how do i "route the data" into a virtual drum machine?

thanks
Last edited by DannyRL at Mar 14, 2009,
if you haven't figured it out yet, can you maybe post the drum midi file? i'll try to convert it for you. i haven't done it in a while, i still might remember though
Aww man. Sorry. I thought I still had Toontrack EZdrummer on my computer. I think I uninstalled it because the torrent file had a virus. Sorry man
I did it for you.
Not the best samples in the world, but I did take the time to program out varying velocity and what not.

though, im at school and we can't upload here.
I can send it via email though. (its not a scam or anyof that crap. Create a new gmail account or something if your that worried about it). Send it to me in a PM if you don't want it out in the open. (prolly a good call.)

-Ryan
Quote by nick54321
Aww man. Sorry. I thought I still had Toontrack EZdrummer on my computer. I think I uninstalled it because the torrent file had a virus. Sorry man

haha..... the perils of not buying your own damned software.

You just had a budget of $600 for a new amp less than six months ago. Keep the old amp and buy some software?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Last edited by axemanchris at Mar 16, 2009,
Quote by DannyRL
no, not really, sorry

I just have the program because my friend gave it to me. I forgot how he got it onto my computer though, torrent or cd

so what exactly would i have to do?

Sounds like what you need to do, exactly, is to actually buy some software. I mean, it's not like you don't have any money.

In fact, just last month....

Quote by DannyRL
so a couple of days ago,...the employee convinced me to drop 1700 on a guitar. ..so i bought the Martin DC16RGTE for about $1600 flat after negotiating with the manager.

CT

Last edited by axemanchris at Mar 16, 2009,
yes that is true. But who has money left from buying a guitar that expensive. I'm pretty broke right now, maybe i'll just torrent it; but im really scared of virus's
read the comments about the torrent first.
usually people will have scanned the files and comment telling people if it has virus's or not.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
I did it for you.
Not the best samples in the world, but I did take the time to program out varying velocity and what not.

though, im at school and we can't upload here.
I can send it via email though. (its not a scam or anyof that crap. Create a new gmail account or something if your that worried about it). Send it to me in a PM if you don't want it out in the open. (prolly a good call.)

-Ryan

Thanks a lot! I PMed you