it seems simple enough to make one and add some info and we're going to upload some demos and maybe some finished songs onto it etc.

But what makes a good Myspace page? I want something that grips the person instead of just boring them.. What should the background be, what should the picture be? etc.

Are there any particular things we should look out for to do or not to do with our page?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
get in contact with somebody who is good with HTML and could make you a nice layout.
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
Keep it dead simple, unless you know what you['re doing. Tbh I've always preferred the default layout - it looks clean, professional. I don't khow what it is that makes 12-year old emo girls think they're better at programming HTML than a team of highly paid professional designers....

Just stick to the default profile for now, and add lots of your band's artwork, videos etc to make it your own. The simpler and faster-loading it is, the better.
Background = A very simple pattern
There is a how to on a website called askdavetaylor.com or something like that, just google how to type in the HTML, then put it after all of your band members information.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
On sunday we're going to be adding more to it (recordings, pictures etc.).

I'll show you it now and can you tell me what it needs? Also, don't blame me for any of the current ideas. I play metal but I joined because they needed a guitarist and I was bored in my lunch breaks so I do it. It's fun but I don't make the decisions about the music or much else.

I just think our myspace page looks terrible.

http://www.myspace.com/tutf
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Ya I don't personally like it. Check out my bands myspace, we just made it the other day, and our Rhythm Guitarist/Singer/Rich Kid has been busy with basketball and hockey and volleyball lol, so we haven't recorded anything or got any pictures, but our page looks neat, the background doesn't have to be as intense as yours is.
Check out our page:
http://www.myspace.com/albatrosspatrol
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Dont fill it up with videos and moving stuff and stuff which takes ages to load...loads of professional bands do that, and it slows down my internet and sometimes crashes Firefox, and I barely put up with it for big name bands, so if it's a tiny band I'm just checking out....I wont be liekly to add them if their Myspace is a mess which takes hours to load...

Keep it simple, like a 2 color scheme...
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
How DO you add a background? I have no idea...and I would like too...

Html

http://w3schools.com

Go learn some, it's not that hard (background is something extremely basic; actually most of the language is extremely basic...)

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
omg that website is so usefull ive been lookin for somthin like htat FOREVER
Quote by xsv434
omg that website is so usefull ive been lookin for somthin like htat FOREVER

If you want to code, learning how to type words correctly makes your life easier, otherwise you're going to have an ugly mess with many typo's and such that doesn't work.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Quote by pengiunman
Ya I don't personally like it. Check out my bands myspace, we just made it the other day, and our Rhythm Guitarist/Singer/Rich Kid has been busy with basketball and hockey and volleyball lol, so we haven't recorded anything or got any pictures, but our page looks neat, the background doesn't have to be as intense as yours is.
Check out our page:

What makes you think your opinion is fact and your page is perfect? Yours looks amateur and immediately makes me think of a bunch of 12 year olds pretending to be in a real band...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by pengiunman
Check out our page:

There is no background on yours, it looks really amateur.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
There is no background on yours, it looks really amateur.

We had one, I think the bassist was being a dick and deleted it.

EDIT: Ok, actually the drummer didn't no wat it was and deleted it, and I put one back up there.The rest of our page isn't the great, but I was just talking about the background.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Last edited by pengiunman at Mar 15, 2009,
hmm im just trying to change the background color of my myspace but when i do it the color doesnt change. heres the code i use <html>
<body style="background-color:yellow">

</body>
</html>
I personally don't like it when people actually put their influences, or when they use personal pronouns in their About (band name). It looks as if they have no idea what to type. Be a little creative. Also the "sounds like:", don't put Jimi Hendrix meets The Doors meets Metallica; it looks a little amateur. I love how Circa Survive put "jangle Jangle Jangle" or "wet with a little sharp." It just makes you look more creative.

Get some friends FAST. And put a top 12 or something full of "endorsements" and fellow bands. DO NOT put eachother's girlfriends or something. It looks stupid.

Learn how to take off the credits of the layout. It makes the band look like primates who can't work html. And don't comment yourself.

Your background is fine since you're in a funk band.

And I like your music.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
ILearn how to take off the credits of the layout. It makes the band look like primates who can't work html. And don't comment yourself.

Where can I learn how I can do this

(MySpace under Re-Construction!!!!)
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Yeah the music is up.

It's fairly crap but we wanted to get something up even if it was just a few riffs.

We desperately need to get some friends and some wall posts otherwise we're going to look like no one's ever seen us before.

I don't think any of us have girlfriends so that won't be a problem! (OHH GOD WHYY??)
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by isabiggles
Yeah the music is up.

It's fairly crap but we wanted to get something up even if it was just a few riffs.

We desperately need to get some friends and some wall posts otherwise we're going to look like no one's ever seen us before.

I don't think any of us have girlfriends so that won't be a problem! (OHH GOD WHYY??)

I'll add you as soon as we get some songs up.

EDIT:
In regards of our MySpace page, I think that we are finally finished, thanks for the idea from that other guy, can't remember who, but he is the Event Whorizon band or whatever.
Check it out:
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Last edited by pengiunman at Mar 16, 2009,
Relapse In Paradise:

Your background makes it hard to read the text on your page, which is a major turn off for anyone looking at your page, imo.

Not to honk my own horn, but my band had a myspace designed for us, and I think it turned out very well:

www.myspace.com/celestialchaosmusic

It's got flash, but not too much. You can read all the text easily, and the info is laid out in an orderly fashion.
Thanks^^

I am just learning this HTML crap... so its nice to get some feedback...

I am actually just in the process of totally switching it up.. lol

Give me couple minutes and I should have a better setup on there.
Quote by CelestialChaos
Relapse In Paradise:

Your background makes it hard to read the text on your page, which is a major turn off for anyone looking at your page, imo.

Not to honk my own horn, but my band had a myspace designed for us, and I think it turned out very well:

www.myspace.com/celestialchaosmusic

It's got flash, but not too much. You can read all the text easily, and the info is laid out in an orderly fashion.

Looks pretty pro. I like cleanest, easy to read text and good pictures of the band mates. I only thing I would say to change is to align the buttons on the poll and the other Chaos sites links bigger.
Quote by pengiunman
Where can I learn how I can do this

(MySpace under Re-Construction!!!!)

You could just delete the code with the picture, but that's kinda stealing someone's hard work. I suggest you just learn how to design things from scratch.

And none of that is aimed towards you. Just annoying things local bands do here in my town.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
that is actually a pretty cool myspace page (turn up the funk band), especially for a funk band.
To be honest you'll have to get someone to do it for you, i'll help out if you want, i'll help anyone, i enjoy this stuff. But what you'll want is a DIV overlay layout. What this is, is where you make the site your own, and use your own layout. Here are examples that I have made of div overlays:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=399270298 http://www.myspace.com/serenity_band
I'm Luke.
Wow, bump much? ^^^^^^
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster