OK guys, I need your help.

I sold a Zoom 505II multi effects pedal to a guy over the internet, he came back to me last night and said it had died. He mentioned he'd tried running a power supply through it and it didn't work, then he tried the batteries and it still wouldn't power up. I tried running it myself, it didn't work so today I took it to two music shops.

They both told me that it was most likely (although they didn't look at it) that the internal circuit had been fried, when I mentioned that he may have used a non-Zoom power supply they said this was the most likely cause.

Is this likely? He's probably gonna see this as it's my evidence so I can get my money back, or at least remove his negative feedback on my page.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It really doesn't matter if it's a zoom adapter or not. If he did fry it, he must have tried using an adapter with specs that the pedal couldn't handle.
If that's the case, it's his fault

But, take a look inside the pedal if you can. Can you smell anything different or see anything blown?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^+2
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10

just kidding. he may have fried it with the wrong polarity or volts.

you can use non zoom wt zoom as far as i know, but of course only if they match up, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
OK I'll take a look at it tonight. Thanks guys.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
He says he used a standard power adaptor set to 9v.

I'm not sure what the problem is, because when I last used it a week ago (with batteries) there were no problems.
Quote by Cathbard
I have a zoom and it works fine off a cheap walmart multivoltage adapter so you dont need a special zoom adapter. It will work as long as its set to the correct voltage and polarity before plugging it in. If it was plugged in reverse polarity or overvoltage then its probably fried. Hardly your fault that would be the new owners screw up. Doesnt mean he wont use the threat of bad feedback to make you give a refund.
I already gave him a refund for the pedal. He says he put fresh batteries in it, I'm gonna get it opened up and checked tomorrow.
Quote by Cathbard