I am in search of a tube amp. The amp needs to be able to handle high gain from pedals, or have high gain on the amp itself. That would be best. I also want it to have a nice clean. Not pristine, like a Fender, but still a good sounding clean. My price range is capped at $650.

DO NOT suggest something a little more. I'm not looking for anything a little more than 650, my budget is very strict.

Aside from that, all help is appreciated!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Shop used, you now have x10 more options.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Random3
Valveking 212? It takes pedals very well and has awesome stock cleans. What guitar are you running?

look at his profile, it says Fender Stratocaster
Most tube amps have no problem with juiced inputs! In fact they respond better than solid state to them. One thing you could look for in features though is an amp with Hi & LO inputs. The Lo input needs more signal as it's less senstive so you can use it if the pedals are too hot for your amp.
As for budget.... there's plenty available for the price you quoted. Check Peavey & Traynor Websites for yourself.
Moving on.....
If you say tube high gain around that budget a Peavey 5150 comes to mind.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by randomhero93
look at his profile, it says Fender Stratocaster

ye i think that it would hum out of control.

check out this one, for your budget it should be just fine. You can get some nice valve distortion and for some heavier stuff I think it will handle most pedals.

btw any special reason why you want a valve amp?
I mean why isn't a solid state ok for you? you could get a nicer solid state with that budget, this ones only get better after heating up for a while:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV80Q-Custom-Valve-4x10-Combo-Amp?sku=480962
forgot to mention that the price indicated is 1000 but you can get it way cheaper.
I would say Traynor YCV40 if you want good cleans but not quite like fenders. I have one and its amazing, it gets good overdrive too, i can get a good RATM tone out of it stock.
Quote by JilaX^
You're not gonna get an amp that handles your pedals if you're using the stock single coils on a Fender strat..

Strat outputs are lower than Humbuckers so why would an amp not be able to handle the pedals?
Moving on.....
I never said was using a strat. It's a friend's amp, being played through a Les Paul.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!