How can i check if my volume pot is bad? I just got a new Agile 3100 and the neck pickup is super quiet. When the volume is at zero i can still hear it and at 10 there is little difference in sound or volume. The bridge sounds fine and i've adjusted the pickup height.
its happened to my bass too its just that the knob fell off and somone twisted it too far
If you bought it new you should go back to where you purchased it
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
i ordered online. I will be getting new pickups in the future with some push pulls for coil splitting but I just wanted to know the cause of the problem.
well, whenever you roll it, if you leave the stem in it it will be pretty bad.

...waiit...

sounds like the pot is bad to me, does it sound scratchy when you turn it up or down?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by kcdakrt
How can i check if my volume pot is bad? I just got a new Agile 3100 and the neck pickup is super quiet. When the volume is at zero i can still hear it and at 10 there is little difference in sound or volume. The bridge sounds fine and i've adjusted the pickup height.

either the pot or a wire is crossed.

the only other thing i can think to do is flick the switch back and forth. blow some compressed air into the hole there, see if a little dirt is blocking the connection.

that happens a lot with new guitars.

either way, it's not hard to fix, but most of the time its try something, then move onto the next option.

also, if the air thing doesnt work call agile, see what he wants you to do. he might send you a new pot if you dont feel like sending the whole guitar back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 12, 2009,
i dont know, but i have an agile hornet pro 7 string and its doin, about the same thing =/. something with agile maybe?
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
i forgot to mention that there is a lot of static with that pickup only
try the switch.

static when you roll the pot?

or just generally static all the time?

dirty switch or bad solder joint.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

then i'm leaning towards wiring issue.

does the static lessen when you touch metal on the guitaR?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ba dam.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62