Ive been doing some research on baritone guitars and electric guitars, reason be is that i want to try out that tuning. On research lots of people say that you CAN'T tune a normal 25.5 scale guitar to baritone tuning, that you NEED to get a baritone guitar. I've found that Zoltan Bathory from Five Finger Death Punch uses a normal 25.5 scale BC Rich Assassin PX2 tuned to what he calls "true baritone" tuning. So does this actually mean you can tune any 25.5 scale guitar to baritone using heavy enough strings?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Whats 'baritone' tuning?

You can get a low B on a 25.5" guitar easy, thats what a 7 string is, and people use string guages of .54 and upwards.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
that guy tunes to A or B standard and drop methinks,

he was in my guitar mag, its at school and i cant check for you.

but anyways, yes, those were 25.5 scale guitars and he does it just fine with .13s
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Mike Amott and Bill Steer did it back when they played in Carcass.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
you can do that with a 25.5 scale guitar. just gotta use thicker strings for more tension.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
i guess its for F sharp or something like that idk i heard the was the lowest string on the 8 string guitar so...yeah...
I use a line 6 what of it?