Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

My LG shine just went through the wash, and to state the obvious, it no longer works. It would still be under warranty, but of course AT&T doesn't cover water damage. I've dried it out and all, and think I'm gonna try and fake it, but just in case, have you guys found a way around something like this that I haven't thought of? A new phone like the one I had is gonna cost me around $200, so if you guys have any tips or suggestions, that would be awesome. If not, I guess that new amp I was gonna buy will have to wait another paycheck our two.

Thanks
its ****ed

try and fake it being broke
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
um drive over it with the car, and say you dropped it, and that someone ran over it lol idk.
That happened to me. I tried to lie about it but they can tell by looking at the circuitry that it is water damage.
So basically you are screwed
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
If you haven't turned it on yet, don't. Leave it in the sun for a few days and get it good and dried out. It should still work if you do that and you won't need the new phone.
Quote by hawttieblonde69
If you haven't turned it on yet, don't. Leave it in the sun for a few days and get it good and dried out. It should still work if you do that and you won't need the new phone.

Yea, that happened to me and I did this^ and it worked.
i usually say it was lost at school or stolen then they charge
$50 for some damn fee but u could always put it in rice while
battery is out
fap
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
1. put into tupplewear box
2. put in some silica gel packs with it (the stuff you get with certain products packaging)
3. seal box
4. leave for 3 days
5. ...
6.PROFIT
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Faking won't work. There's a wee indicator on the battery that indicates if it's had water damage or not
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
There is a strip on the inside that tells them the damage was from water. You're fvcked. Sorry.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
put in the oven 100 degrees for 1 hour
thts what i did to my phone after i left it out in a ****ing humongous rainstorm
92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music
OR when they ask if the strip inside has gone red LIEE and say its still white
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Moose1309
Hey guys,

My LG shine just went through the wash, and to state the obvious, it no longer works. It would still be under warranty, but of course AT&T doesn't cover water damage. I've dried it out and all, and think I'm gonna try and fake it, but just in case, have you guys found a way around something like this that I haven't thought of? A new phone like the one I had is gonna cost me around $200, so if you guys have any tips or suggestions, that would be awesome. If not, I guess that new amp I was gonna buy will have to wait another paycheck our two.

Thanks

The thing is there is usually a water damage sticker in phones that changes color once it gets wet, in my experience they will always check. Quite a few people drop their phone in liquids, spill something, or leave it in their pocket when doing a load of wash... it is a common thing and they are used to folks telling them otherwise.

You can always try but there isn't much you can do. I usually just break down and have insurance for my phone. It varies depending on the carrier but its usually only $5 and no matter what happened(even a scratch you dont like) they will give you a brand new phone.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Much like Apple and their iPods, most phones have a small piece of litmus paper (or something similar) inside them so yeah, they'll easily be able to see the water damage. Of course, I guess you could try smashing it and subtly removing that piece of paper.
i took insurance with my nokia 5800 cos im a clumsy bastard!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Air Raid Siren

LOL!

Well, it actually DID go through about 1/2 hour in the dryer, but it still didn't work. it was on when it went in, so looks like I'll need a new phone.

Make a Facebook group.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
Put it in the dryer.

I didn't get here in time

good work on this post tho
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by gillehy
1. put into tupplewear box
2. put in some silica gel packs with it (the stuff you get with certain products packaging)
3. seal box
4. leave for 3 days
5. ...
6.PROFIT

This man knows what hes talkin about.
Quote by newaccount
This man knows what hes talkin about.

No, he doesn't, he called it fucking "Tuppelwear."
You're*
I have a shine, too

Now you have a clean phone be grateful

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I dropped my phone in a river, swam down, picked it up, put it (and the disconnected battery) in a bowl of rice for a couple days, and it works just fine now...
Quote by Killedelphia19
I dropped my phone in a river, swam down, picked it up, put it (and the disconnected battery) in a bowl of rice for a couple days, and it works just fine now...

This made me lol. And I don't know why.

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
i actually heard putting it in a jar of rice might help. the rice will draw the water out of the phone.

it is worth a try at least.
Well, now it doesn't work, silly head.

srsly.

Page 1 of 2