Ive been playing for about a year and a half and im ready to move up to a better amp. I have a Schecter Hellraiser, as well as a mexican HSS strat. I was playing my strat on my teachers Line6 Spider II 2x12 and it hummed alot.

Since the Spider III has come out, I know it has a noise gate, but is it good? Also, I wouldn't mind buying a gate pedal, but would it matter that the amp doesn't have an effect loop and would have to be in front of the amp?

Thanks
Stay away.... if you have any sense of what good sound quality is, dont buy it. Also, don't buy a marshall MG

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
please, dont get a line 6 spider. budget? styles? nearest big city? willing to go used?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The hum most likely came from one of the single coils on the strat. Which pickup were you using?
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Help recover the sanity of the UG regulars. Don't buy a Spider, or an MG, or any Ibanez amp, or any Crate SS amp less than 10 years old. Or a Fender Frontman, although I like them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
please, dont get a line 6 spider. budget? styles? nearest big city? willing to go used?

^^^^^^^

basically what the others are trying to say is.

Line 6's spiders are not a good investment. look elsewhere, crate would even be preferable.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff