I decided I really need a good fuzz pedal. Originally I wanted a Digitech Bass Driver, because the Fuzz audio sample sounded exactly like what I wanted. But it's not versatile; It just has the one fuzz sound and a blend knob.

So I looked for a fuzz with more controls and found the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory, which can achieve most types of fuzz, from very extreme to subtle. But all the demos were guitar. I have no idea how well it works with bass. If it has a full sound with bass, it's the perfect pedal for me.

Other suggestions welcome.
I suggest making your own. You can look up schematics for really good fuzz boxes if you make them properly. Plus you can decorate and design the housing for what you want it to be. And another plus is playing with something you made yourself.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I suggest making your own. You can look up schematics for really good fuzz boxes if you make them properly. Plus you can decorate and design the housing for what you want it to be. And another plus is playing with something you made yourself.

It's a nice concept, but I'd probably mess it up. I'd rather pay for something I know is made properly than attempt to frankenstein my own pedals.
My zvex ff sucks balls with my bass. Not just the low-end disappearing, it just sounded like ass. If you have the coin, get a wooly mammoth (zvex again).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
My zvex ff sucks balls with my bass. Not just the low-end disappearing, it just sounded like ass. If you have the coin, get a wooly mammoth (zvex again).

I was watching a video and they said that the Wooly Mammoth didn't work with active basses
Quote by froggyman
I was watching a video and they said that the Wooly Mammoth didn't work with active basses

Why wouldn't it work with active basses?
Quote by Zycho
Why wouldn't it work with active basses?

Like most vintage or vintage stlyed effects, they are built to deal with the treble loss from high impedance, passive instruments. Actives don't have this roll-off, and so sound very harsh through the pedal.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Like most vintage or vintage stlyed effects, they are built to deal with the treble loss from high impedance, passive instruments. Actives don't have this roll-off, and so sound very harsh through the pedal.

They need to get with the times.
The Fuzz Factory is my favourite fuzz on guitar for the specific reason that it produces such a trebly, warbly wall of fuzz. It's probably completely inappropriate for bass.
My girlfirend uses an MXR El Grande, which is no more (in fact, maybe a little less) expensive than the Digitech. Also, I've heard reall good things about the Bass Big Muff.
Quote by BrickIsRed
They need to get with the times.

Vintage fuzzes are highly sought after. If you either have passive instrument, or something to raise the impedance, they can sound beautiful. They are simply keeping it as the circuit which made it famous.

If they felt they could make it work with actives without changing the tone, they would. Think of all the extra potential customers.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by BrickIsRed
I decided I really need a good fuzz pedal. Originally I wanted a Digitech Bass Driver, because the Fuzz audio sample sounded exactly like what I wanted. But it's not versatile; It just has the one fuzz sound and a blend knob.

So I looked for a fuzz with more controls and found the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory, which can achieve most types of fuzz, from very extreme to subtle. But all the demos were guitar. I have no idea how well it works with bass. If it has a full sound with bass, it's the perfect pedal for me.

Other suggestions welcome.

Can you give an example of the bass fuzz sound you want to achieve?

Also, have you looked at Bassfuzz.com ?
Quote by Jateca
Can you give an example of the bass fuzz sound you want to achieve?

Also, have you looked at Bassfuzz.com ?

I couldn't decide on a specific fuzz, which is why I wanted one that could do it all.