They're most hated for their tone, but if you like it, then more power to you. They're also hated because aside from cleans and (what most people consider) muddy gain, Kranks (aside from the Chadwick) aren't very versatile.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
gain channel is muddy, not enough sizzle, sounds kinda dead and muffly. for a brand that likes to market to metal players they really don't have enough gain and clarity and oomph
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Peavey and Mesa are usually popular choices in that price range. You can also look for Fryette (formerly known as VHT), Soldanos, ENGLs and possibly Framus for a different type of tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
In a recent interview, Joe Bonamassa was discussing what gear to look out for when buying etc. One of the things he said was.... "Never buy anything with Krank written on it"

Just another opinion but worth mentioning. If you like the tone then you go for it.
Overpriced, sounds crap and better alternatives.
Quote by Free
In a recent interview, Joe Bonamassa was discussing what gear to look out for when buying etc. One of the things he said was.... "Never buy anything with Krank written on it"

Just another opinion but worth mentioning. If you like the tone then you go for it.

No offence to the guy, but I wouldn't picture Joe Bonamassa as a metal tone expert. Even if he is right in this circumstance.
Too pricey for what it is, and the real killer is notice their ads from 2-3 years ago following dime's death? Everyone posed with one...the ad had about 30+ "endorsees". Now have you seen their ads? maybe 4 guys tops, and live they don't even use them anymore, most have gone back to Marshall's or Peavey 6505's. You can get those for the same price or cheaper, so I'd recommend it.

Also one of the big stores here in town used to sell them back after Dime died. They had to send so many back with problems that after just 1 year with the line they cut their ties and contract and doubled their Mesa stock instead.

Remember This: you aren't the next Dimebag, and buying everything with his name/face on it will not get you closer to that goal should that be your goal for playing. You can get much better amps for far less, and have your tone be a little more unique as well.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
I played one at a show once because we were friends with the band who played before us and I let one of them borrow my guitar so they let us use their (nicer) amps. One of them had a Peavey 6505 & Marshall cab, however I got stuck using the other guy's Krank Rev..whatever they're called..head/cab.

Basically, it sounded pretty awful. Especially since I play lead, I can't really stand having a crappy mudded tone. I wasn't impressed at all and from what I heard it was a pretty expensive amp. Couldn't tell you why.. =/

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

i think you can get a pretty good tone out of them..

after about 3 years of tweaking.

theyre just not worth it.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000