i just saw the movie august rush(amazing) yesterday. has anyone seen the scene where august 1st pics up a guitar in wizards house? what do youy think?
Quote by ohblahitsme
I loved that movie. Slap guitar is the greatest.

Well played, sir.
stupid.

no matter how much of a musical gift u have, u wouldn't be able to pick up a guitar for the first time and play like that. You just wouldn't be able to know how to play the chords and the correct scales and everything, it's totally unreasonable and ridiculous. Also, there's no way they'd let some 6 year old kid conduct one of the most important symphonies in teh world
eh.. it was aright

edit: i was just playin off the first 2 replies. disregard my previous statement
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by K Dizzle
stupid.

no matter how much of a musical gift u have, u wouldn't be able to pick up a guitar for the first time and play like that. You just wouldn't be able to know how to play the chords and the correct scales and everything, it's totally unreasonable and ridiculous. Also, there's no way they'd let some 6 year old kid conduct one of the most important symphonies in teh world

...and that's why it's called a fiction movie.
i almost thought it said angus rush, which, to me, looked a lot like "anus rush" if you can see where i'm coming from.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I see why people may like the movie, but to me as a musician it looks retarded, so I'm gonna pass on watching it. Erik Mongrain > August Rush.
i loved it. im a musician and it made me want to play guitar a lot more.
i could've rented it,but i didnt

so i will next time?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
i watched that with my gf n im aa guitarist.....he made me look bad...i was tellin her basically the whole movie...pshhhh no way anyone cud actually do all that so fast.
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
What's so great about guitar slapping? It's better off getting smashed. Anyway, you can't be skilled on guitar RIGHT after you just picked it up.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Wtf did this kid do to Robin Williams to get himself a Gibson acoustic?
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by K Dizzle
still, fictional movies that aren't directed only towards small children, or meant to be way beyond any sort of realism should have some reality to them. He should have gotten good over a short period of time, not just instant.

I think you're missing the point of the movie, it was supposed to be that way.

Why make a movie about a person who gets better with time, everyone is like that.
Quote by djk55
What's so great about guitar slapping? It's better off getting smashed.

And I'm pretty sure you can't do it.
Quote by Kyle_Brewer
I think you're missing the point of the movie, it was supposed to be that way.

Why make a movie about a person who gets better with time, everyone is like that.

exactly. IMO the movie wouldv'e sucked if that jappened.
there are tons of movies for adults that aren't realistic
What's so great about guitar slapping? It's better off getting smashed. Anyway, you can't be skilled on guitar RIGHT after you just picked it up.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
this is one of my fav movies, it almost made me cry when he meets his parents in the end. its really inspirational and has great music. but i dont think its possible to play guitar in the manner he does, when i do that 2 my acoustic it makes hardly any noise
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
I love the guitar work in it

But I hate the kid who plays the main character. . .

That actor bugs me sooooo much. . .
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by Avedas
I see why people may like the movie, but to me as a musician it looks retarded, so I'm gonna pass on watching it. Erik Mongrain > August Rush.

Quoted for the mother-****ing truth! I'm currently learning how to lap-tap, myself. I've got the basics like harmonics down, but I'm still kinda stuck on ways to combine all ten fingers the way Erik does.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by KwikKopy
I hated that movie. Slap guitar is dumb.

Quote by ohblahitsme
I loved that movie. Slap guitar is the greatest.

Toy Story 2 was ok

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
any1 ever heard of savant sydrome? its a mental retardation condition, those are the people who can perfectly play a piece of music after listening to it only once, of course these people can barely function, so that doesnt really apply..... it was an ok movie though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuhTFsiEcMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkDMaJ-wZmQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckqDX2XpdyY&feature=related

a few interesting videos if you dont know much about it....
Last edited by fender3708 at Mar 12, 2009,
It's funny how everyone is mad at how the kid was automatically good. What did you want the movie to be about? A kid who practices guitar for endless hours to be good? That's pretty much the story of many people on this site...boy would that be a fun movie....
Quote by newaccount
It's funny how everyone is mad at how the kid was automatically good. What did you want the movie to be about? A kid who practices guitar for endless hours to be good? That's pretty much the story of many people on this site...boy would that be a fun movie....

Hell, they might as well make a move about the Pit.

...holy shit. I just had...the most epic idea. EVER.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by AE25RR
this is one of my fav movies, it almost made me cry when he meets his parents in the end. its really inspirational and has great music. but i dont think its possible to play guitar in the manner he does, when i do that 2 my acoustic it makes hardly any noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_24DXNy8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-pk4osQ5to&feature=related

It is very possible.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by newaccount

I haven't seen then movie but the idea of a young kid picking up a guitar and instantly being amazing sounds rubbish to me. Its not like I want him to develop his musical talent over many years, he can still be a musical prodigy having a distinct ear for music, learn very quickly, playing or composing or w/e he does for the big event and finding his parents. The premise of the movie can still be the same but from the sound of things it really lacks subtly and it sounds like the points of the movie are pretty absurd and shoved in your face. Like I said I haven't watched it though, I doubt I ever will because the kid who is the main character really just bugs me.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪